Is 'The Moor' too difficult to play live?

godmachine12 said:
No kidding. This is Opeth people. The impossible is possible.

p.s.-Play it 5/14 in Winston Salem.

this is a smart man right here.

er Opeth didn't play Moonlapse Vertigo in Dublin. The setlist was:

The Leper Affinity
Advent
Delivernce
Godhead's Lament
The Drapery Falls
Harvest
Serenity Painted Death
A Fair Judgement
Demon Of The Fall

John Gargo said:
No, that was "Moonlapse Vertigo." An interviewer asked him what songs that they haven't played would go over well live and Mikael was quick to say that they would NEVER play "Moonlapse Vertigo" again... Too bad... it's one of my favorite songs off of STILL LIFE...

I heard this as well. Which is definately a shame, as Moonlapse is usually my faviroute track off Still Life.

I've got a live mp3 recording of it though, and come to think of it...it did sound a bit off key. It seems like a technicaly difficult song to play acually.

they never play masters apprentices live :( and i'd love to hear serenity painted death live too, oh my god i love that song and the solo in it is probably my favorite opeth solo ever. its so emoptional and it sounds brilliant. whoever wrote that solo is god.

Culture_AK47 said:

The Leper Affinity
Advent
Delivernce
Godhead's Lament
The Drapery Falls
Harvest
Serenity Painted Death
A Fair Judgement
Demon Of The Fall

whoops, i was just so hapy to be there. i probably imagined it!

I hope Mike reads this thread in time to rehearse for the INFERNO festival, which is like NEXT FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

scorpian007 said:
they never play masters apprentices live :( and i'd love to hear serenity painted death live too, oh my god i love that song and the solo in it is probably my favorite opeth solo ever. its so emoptional and it sounds brilliant. whoever wrote that solo is god.

they played serenity painted death when i saw them on march 10th.I almost shit myself when mikeal introduced it.And it was one of the most incredible things i have ever seen.The intensity was nuts.

Culture_AK47 said:

The Leper Affinity
Advent
Delivernce
Godhead's Lament
The Drapery Falls
Harvest
Serenity Painted Death
A Fair Judgement
Demon Of The Fall

They played Harvest live? :eek:

The Moor is awesome and still among Opeth's best songs, in my opinion. Best song on Still Life, certainly.

But I'd still rather see April Ethereal live.

...a man can dream, eh?

BLAH!
grumble.gif
Face of Melinda

Yes....They played Harvest live in Manchester, instead of Credence.....I was slightly disappointed.....It still ruled though.

I want to see The Amen Corner, The Moor, When, Bleak, To Bid You Farewell...etc....live.

Mikael said in the BW&BK interview thats just been posted here that they are reworking "To Bid You Farewell" and might be playing it as part of the Damnation set list.