is there a better metal album this year than meshuggah - catch 33?

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
because if so i haven't heard it. show me another release this year that isn't just a rehash of what has come before, and i'll gladly try it out.

and after that, commence meshuggah bashing!

that good, aye? well if you two dudes dig it i guess i need to check them out then.

The Ocean - Aeolian destroys it (to be released by the end of november) . Then again , I don't like Meshuggah except War and New Millenium Cyanide Christ (sp?)

Also : Deathspell Omega - Kénôse .

Antithesis of rehashing . yousendit coming.

You might try one of these :p

Blood Red Throne - Altered Genesis
Immolation - Harnessing Ruin
Taake - Hordaland Doedskvad
Equilibrium - Turis Fratyr
Nokturnal Mortum - Weltanschauung
Defleshed - Reclaim The Beat
Origin - Echoes Of Decimation
Deeds Of Flesh - Crown Of Souls
Aborted - The Archaic Abbatoir
Hate Eternal - I, Monarch
Disgorge - Parallels Of Infinite Torture
Severe Torture - Bloodletting (Live)
Prostitute Disfigurement - Left In Grisly Fashion
Gehenna - WW
Drudkh - The Swan Road
Belphegor - Goatreich: Fleshcult
Primordial - The Gathering Wilderness
Moonsorrow - Verisäkeet
Carnival Of Coal - Collection Prestige
Naglfar - Pariah
Vile - The New Age Of Chaos
Ingurgitating Oblivion - Voyage Towards Abhorrence
Despised Icon - The Healing Process
Gorerotted - A New Dawn For The Dead
Defacing - Spitting Savagery
Nattefrost - Terrorist
Cryptopsy - Once Was Not
Lord Gore - Resickened
Averse Sefira - Tetragrammatical Astygmata
Adramelech - Terror Of Thousand Faces
Old Man's Child - Vermin
Lunar Aurora - Mond
Disiplin - Anti-Life
1349 - Hellfire
Gored - Incinerate The Vanquished
Severe Torture - Fall of the Despised
Beheaded - Ominous Bloodline
Hate Forest - Sorrow
Odious Mortem - Devouring The Prophecy
Kreuzweg Ost - Edelrost
Sargeist - Disciple Of The Heinous Path
Horna - Envaatnags Eflos Solf Esgantaavne
Hate - Anaclasis
Solefald - Red For Fire: An Icelandic Odyssey Part I

Is there a Metal album this year that isn't better than Meshuggah's "Catch 33"? Messhugah is the musical equivalent of a guy with erectile dysfunction masterbating; a whole lot of wanking, no pay off.

Zod

man, i'm so glad i'm smart enough to love meshuggah. i don't know how some of you dudes can wake up in the morning. :loco:

god damn nad said:
because if so i haven't heard it. show me another release this year that isn't just a rehash of what has come before, and i'll gladly try it out.
just as a reminder.

me likes Nile and Cryptopsy. in order to comment though, i think id have to hear every metal album released this year. right?

I love Meshuggah, but I haven't really gotten into the new one that much yet. Personally, I thought Nothing was a lot more unique and original, and better, too.

Not sure I could recommend something that isn't just a rehash, though. Most everything nowadays is at least a partial rehash of something older. Then again, Catch 33 is somewhat of a rehash of their previous material, so your point is moot.

Ohh yea, and most of Henrik's list is pretty fucking good stuff too. I guess their really were a lot of good relases this year (at least imo), more than I initially thought.

god damn nad said:
just as a reminder.

so wait ... you are saying the new Messugah isn't a rehash of previous material? :loco:

That Akercocke is the winner so far ... surprised you don't like it NAD ... death metal, humor, proggy shit and killer bass sound.

and a crunch to boot

high quality ain't cutting it for me this year. i have enough death, black, thrash, gore, -core, poop, red, circular, whatever that i need something fresh and interesting.

i think comparing catch 33 to their older work is all well and good, but they've refined their schtick so much, and have added so many all new elements, that it's a pretty damn refreshing listen.