is there a better metal album this year than meshuggah - catch 33?

i didn't like that akercocke song from that other thread, sounded like same old same old to me. maybe i need to hear the whole album though.

edit: you've got questions, we've got answers. :loco:

god damn nad said:
i didn't like that akercocke song from that other thread, sounded like same old same old to me. maybe i need to hear the whole album though.

edit: you've got questions, we've got answers. :loco:

i got a song for you ...

IOfTheStorm said:
Thats of the least importance when it comes to music.
okay, why don't you tell me what my priorities are then, because truthfully, i don't know. :Smug:

Well if thats your priority, then you are doomed to lesser and lesser options when it comes to music.
If your priorities are: inspired melodies, good riffs and passionate singing, then there is some hope.
Even though i dont exactly know your view on whats a "rehash" when it comes to metal, or music in general.

lurch70 said:
try this 'cocke tune on for size ... this one has some strange mix of styles ... but very seamless

http://s64.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2JUFITD0AC4RG171V3W4QESMBY
it's okay. listened to it twice a few hours ago and have long since forgotten it though.
IOfTheStorm said:
Well if thats your priority, then you are doomed to lesser and lesser options when it comes to music.
If your priorities are: inspired melodies, good riffs and passionate singing, then there is some hope.
Even though i dont exactly know your view on whats a "rehash" when it comes to metal, or music in general.
for new metal, something new is my priority right now. i need something fresh to get my balls rolling, or something. most other genres i just need something of high quality, but with metal i've been exposed to so much that i need something new to pique my interest. i can exhaust subgenres within like 10 albums though, so i know i'm very picky.

<<for new metal, something new is my priority right now. i need something fresh to get my balls rolling, or something. most other genres i just need something of high quality, but with metal i've been exposed to so much that i need something new to pique my interest. i can exhaust subgenres within like 10 albums though, so i know i'm very picky.>>

I have to agree here with the emphasis on originality (or at least something with enough distinction to keep from sounding regressive) although I don't move between subgenres as quickly, and some temporary obsessions have become permanent for me. I don't place originality and/or experimentation for it's own sake over quality, but the more you hear, the harder it is to be satisfied with just the basics, at least for me.

not meshuggah again. i'm tired of threads about crap bands.

i don't have time to list better albums from this year

i wish i was a moderator so i could ban half this forum. still weird how meshuggah causes so much hate, i mean THEY'RE JUST SOME FUCKING BAND. get over it.

never heard of stargazer, will d/l right now.

god damn nad said:
i wish i was a moderator so i could ban half this forum. still weird how meshuggah causes so much hate, i mean THEY'RE JUST SOME FUCKING BAND. get over it.

never heard of stargazer, will d/l right now.
lol @ you getting pissed on the internet itt :)

i see meshuggah is joining opeth and tool in having fanboys that go "man if you don't understand this band's greatness you are an absolute idiot and can not understand true art, get the fuck out"

yeah prolly. i can see why people dislike meshuggah but just to out and out shit on them is sorta silly. i guess it's to compensate for foolz like me saying OMG I LUV THEM LOLZ.

I'm kinda apathetic towards this band, the stuff by them that I've heard and liked was the old shit that wasn't all techy. Well, it was techy, but not to the same extent as the new stuff... Not that I've heard anything post-Chaosphere.