Is there a way to remove earwax properly?

51qgUukC1WL.jpg

not sure if it works though...

I didn't read all the post but as soon as I saw this I was horrified. Never, ever, ever, ever, suck anything out of your ear! Ever! You can do serious damage.

I use this to gently wash out your ear:
http://www.bushchemist.com.au/ear-care/ear-clear-for-ear-wax-removal-syringe

That's because it's hippie bullshit.

It's both dangerous and ineffective.

Haha I missed this! I actually know a guy who used to get this done every other week. Then one week, no bullshit, he not only had his eardrum perforated but they also burnt his ear.

How could putting a piece of hard wax (candle) on your ear help in anyway ? It is supposed to suck the earwax because it's lit ? hahah ...

I tried the peroxide thing once and it was cool but don't know how much wax (if any) got out. I've always used q-tip with no problem. I use many of them, like 5-6, something dip them in hot water. Works great. Only have to clean them like once a month.

How could putting a piece of hard wax (candle) on your ear help in anyway ? It is supposed to suck the earwax because it's lit ? hahah ...

No, that's a birthday candle. If you try this please film it.

Ear candles are hollow, as they burn they create suction and suck out the wax. Don't let anyone tell you this is a good idea.

No you're not. I use them daily, in fact. It's just when you're to the point of having problems, go to a doctor and skip the wacky home remedies and the As Seen On TV products.

I use Q-Tips as well and never had any problems. Like Jeff said, always after a shower. Just don't go ramming them straight in your ear hole.

Some people don't wash their ears with hot water.
They probably don't blow their nose in the shower either.

If it really bothers you goto the little local clinics like Rediclinic. With insurance should be like $30, without it'd be like $50-$60

Tried q-tips again, since I don't have acces to any of the above mentioned right now, and guess what:

The crap got stuck again, even if I managed to pull a shitload of earwax out. I have to have some kind of overproduction going.

Just started using this Audioclean one yesterday. More as a prevention measure. Let's see if it doesn't build up that much/fast.

To remove excessive buildup, syringe is the thing. Even better if you use drops for 4 days prior to the syringe.

Last edited by a moderator:
It all depends on your anatomy. I have pretty small ear canals. If I stick a q-tip in there, it just pushes the shit in farther. If you use your ears for a living, I don't think it's a great idea to be sticking giant hard sticks in there.

I get my ears checked at least yearly and my doctor will scrape it out or she has a little vacuum thingy she's used before.