Is there any way to get just the music in songs?

sturdjohn

New Metal Member
Jul 17, 2005
Hey everyone, long time reader here, first time poster. I am a huge dt fan, and have always enjoyed their music, but I was wondering, there are a few songs of there I don't really care for how their voices mix in with the music they are playing(only 2 songs) and I was wondering if it was possible anywhere to get some of their songs with just the music. I found some old APC songs that were just the music and I really enjoyed them, and thought I might try it with dt too, any suggestions?

What would give someone the write to remove a member from a band when they as an entire group put out the material. You should not be able to altar someone's musical product from the original since you did not make,write it. Unless you actually get permission from the 'band' that to me is wrong. Do not toy with stuff like that. It's copy written,you're not in the band, it's not your music to fuck with.

wow you sure are a spectacularly fucking shit poster the greys :(

btw original poster: you can use some phase inversion tricks to essentially remove anything panned to the absolute center which people sometimes use in KARAOKE MACHINES and the like, but the sound quality will suck and you will probably lose bass drum and bass so short answer: no

What's wrong with wanting to listen to something pleasant privately? How does that affect the band or anyone? There are bands that sound like wank with vocals (Summoning, Graveland) and they would be excellent without them. I wish there was a button that removes shitty vocals, there would be a lot more music to listen to.

Naggamanteh said:
What's wrong with wanting to listen to something pleasant privately? How does that affect the band or anyone? There are bands that sound like wank with vocals (Summoning, Graveland) and they would be excellent without them. I wish there was a button that removes shitty vocals, there would be a lot more music to listen to.
oh noes sir it is copyrighted and you may not do such awful things to cds you bought what the fuck is wrong withy ou :hotjump:

ps the greys: shotgun mouthwash, now

I'm a shitty poster because someone is altaring music they did not make and produce ?

What would give you the initial to do something like this ?

I've never heard of such a thing. Are you such a picky douchebag you have to altar bands music into something they did not intend just to fit your preppy needs. what makes you so special.

Fuck this douchebag

sturdjohn said:
Hey everyone, long time reader here, first time poster. I am a huge dt fan, and have always enjoyed their music, but I was wondering, there are a few songs of there I don't really care for how their voices mix in with the music they are playing(only 2 songs) and I was wondering if it was possible anywhere to get some of their songs with just the music. I found some old APC songs that were just the music and I really enjoyed them, and thought I might try it with dt too, any suggestions?
Link 1
Link 2

Have fun :)

Geez, settle down the greys. All you had to say was no then be about your business, but you come out of nowhere and call me a douchebag and a prep when you don't know me? Whether or not you think it's right to do or not is not what I asked, because your opinion is inconsequential when it comes to how I like to listen to my music. My first ever post in these forums is completely flamed by someone who doesn't know me? What does that say about this place?

sturdjohn said:
Geez, settle down the greys. All you had to say was no then be about your business, but you come out of nowhere and call me a douchebag and a prep when you don't know me? Whether or not you think it's right to do or not is not what I asked, because your opinion is inconsequential when it comes to how I like to listen to my music. My first ever post in these forums is completely flamed by someone who doesn't know me? What does that say about this place?
It doesn't say anything about this place, really. The Greys is likely the shittiest poster the board has ever seen, and nearly every single person here hates him. :)

The Greys said:
I'm a shitty poster because someone is altaring music they did not make and produce ?

The person who alters it has no intention of profiting. Doing such a thing, while I can't think of anything I want to do it to except maybe some old Gorgoroth stuff, in no way harms the band.

What would give you the initial to do something like this ?

It saddens me that english is your native language.

I've never heard of such a thing. Are you such a picky douchebag you have to altar bands music into something they did not intend just to fit your preppy needs. what makes you so special.

That's like saying I shouldn't skip a song or intro that I find useless because "the band didn't intend it" to be evaded, obviously, because they included it on the album.

There's seriously something wrong with this The Greys character. His stupidity knows no bounds. Unlike most internet personas I find distasteful, I suspect he's truly retarded(inadequate metacognition). Either that, or he's on a lot of drugs whenever he visits the ultimatemetal forum.

Listening to your music ?

You mean listening to others people music. Altering their music from how they originally did it. It does not matter what I think on this. You should be alble to realize how ridiculous,wrong what you're doing is.

A band puts out music for people to like it,listen to it. There is a lot of bands out there. I'm sure you could find a band you fully like. Not everyone is going to like everything about a band. You don't see everyone fucking with people's music. They just simply do not listen to the band.

I think it's sad you have to change a bands music around when you are not the one 'creating' let alone their music. I think you should atleast look at this from a few different views if you are really determined to do it, especially from a creation artist outlook.

I apologize for judging you but this really struck with me. I could have repyled differently.. I think most people that play an instrument,listen to music and respect artists would not like hearing what you said thinking it's fucked. You seem like a hollow listener.

You could alter someones music easily with your computer but do you have the balls to make music yourself, the effort to write it. It's not as easy as what you're about to do. Their is no equal between both things. It seems like music does not mean anything to you.

A band enjoys everything in their band, if not the band member would be booted. If you can't hear what fans or the band is hearing it does not give you the write to change their music.

and Demi.. how is skipping over a song the samething as changing someone's music when you did not create it ?

You have a right to skip something if you don't like it. You do not have to listen the band if you do not like them. You can not change a band around how you want it for your needs so you can like music. That's ridiculous. That is far from similiar or the samething.

How i'm thinking on this 'subject' is rational,relevent. If you don't agree you just dislike me,my grammar. It's strange to me no one is sharing what they think on what this person is doing.

Oh well, don't even know why I bother.

The Greys said:
What would give someone the write to remove a member from a band when they as an entire group put out the material. You should not be able to altar someone's musical product from the original since you did not make,write it. Unless you actually get permission from the 'band' that to me is wrong. Do not toy with stuff like that. It's copy written,you're not in the band, it's not your music to fuck with.

He can take out the vocals to listen to the music in the privacy of his own home.. he is not selling it to others... so that is permitted... altering for commercial use is not... that's like saying we can't rip holes in our jeans or clothes or put patches on denim jackets because it "alters" the original clothing as it came out by the fashion designer...

The Greys, I guess you shouldn't use cheat codes for video games or modify the stereo system in your car under that same logic. If he wants to listen to the music without vocals then what the hell is the problem? If he's only doing it for himself there's no problem with it at all, because it's in private. The band makes music to be enjoyed, not so they can have some oppressive artistic "vision" which is completely and utterly destroyed when an instrument is removed from the mix.

So jeans,video games,a plastic/electronic stereo system is a similiar product to music created by living people playing that put time into. I'm forgetting it's 2005, no one will understand what i'm trying to say. I apologize.

Music is in motion and alive, not jeans.

So altering a bands music they created themselves is the samething as machines in a factor creating other machines and products.

It's all about stoicness, mechanism and perfection. The one last important thing 'music' has no meaning anymore to some people. Oh well, once again don't know why I bothered. A band makes music for people to enjoy it in every aspect, not alter it. Altering living person product that is being played is different to me than cutting a whole in a pair of genes for fashion,appearence. I'm sure some people will think it's the same thing but maybe listening to music is not for you. If I hear a cd as a musicians I realize people created it, the way it sounds is like it is for a reason. I highly doubt a band wants someone fucking with their music.

I make no sense so ignore me. I should not expect every listener to hold music as something important and meaningful. A lot of people see just music as a plastic disk the spins in a stereo like the person that made this thread. This person is going to use a program to alter someones music they did not create in 2 minutes with an internet program when the band took months writing it,spending money on instruments,gas for their cars,driving to practive,etc... to put out their music the way they think it should sound.

It's 2005, mechanism and stoic.

hooray

You haven't explained the practical implications of the matter. How does altering the music hurt the band or anyone else? Stop blathering and explain how it damages the band if a person takes his private copy of an album and alters it somehow to make it a more pleasurable experience for him? Come to think of it, I did it with The Shadow Order's album. Some of the songs were much louder than others, so I altered the recording to make the master volume uniform. How does this hurt The Shadow Order?

It's the same because it's subject to the same contention: you're not listening to the music exactly as the artist intended it, which you're saying a listener should for reasons unbeknownst to me.

You could alter someones music easily with your computer but do you have the balls to make music yourself, the effort to write it. It's not as easy as what you're about to do. Their is no equal between both things. It seems like music does not mean anything to you.

You're a fucking drug addict. You have absolutely no idea what's going on in this discussion.

When did I say it hurts the band or anyone. I'm just saying it's sad 'music' does not hold any meaning to someone.

Now i'm a drug addict lol. Don't get personal with me on the internet to sneak in some cheap,emtpy put downs. I'm not the one altering other people's music that I did not create.

The Greys said:
When did I say it hurts the band ?

I'm sorry music means nothing to you.

All right, if you agree that the band isn't harmed, then why should we not alter music for the purpose of better enjoying it privately?

What have I said that indicates that music means nothing to me?

BTW, you might as well quit because I will embarrass you in this "debate" by the time it's over. You won't be able to show your face for a few weeks once I'm through with you.

The Greys said:
When did I say it hurts the band or anyone. I'm just saying it's sad 'music' does not hold any meaning to someone.

Now i'm a drug addict lol. Don't get personal with me on the internet to sneak in some cheap,emtpy put downs. I'm not the one altering other people's music that I did not create.

Half your sentences don't make any sense. I could have called you a retard. Something is causing your verbal incompetence and inability to forumulate a sound argument. I'm guessing drug abuse or retardation.

As an aside, I respect people who make arguments that are concise and not disrupted by many tangents. There's little reason to type 4 paragraphs to make a simple point. Your posts fail in this regard. They are puzzles for readers to interpret. I need to figure out what you're trying to say because you're not communicating it well.

Surry buddy... I don't remember you being all the 'popular' here so you can attempt to own me with your persona all you want.

So since you can't fully get 'band' and enjoy the music the way the band intended on creating it, you think you have the right to alter their music ?. Why do you think that ? Music to me and a lot of people is something more than a pair of jeans before you bring that into the debate like some other jackass because it's a 'bought' product. Just because you own a cd it does not mean you own the music. It does not mean the music is your music to change around.

Listening to music based on just perfection is pretty stupid. A band did not create their music for you. If other people can enjoy a band for their intent and you can't. Maybe you should give up not listening to the band. If every picky person was doing this we'd have a big fucking problem. You really have to be so full of yourself you'd be willing to eat your own shit.

You can't alter a bands music on a computur program with in minutes making the music more enjoyable than a band that took time writing it the way they wanted. If you actually think you can make someone elses music 'better' well you're delusional or a douchebag.

If a bands music is not enjoyable enough the way it is don't listen to it. Plain and simple.

I'm not the most intelligent person but i'm not retarded. I did not pay attention in school but i do not think that has anything to do with 'music'. I'm not hard to understand in person. Typing on a computer is different to me.

I do soft drugs once in awile, don't binge on them.