Is there any way to get just the music in songs?

Again, why don't I have the right to do this? It harms no one. Let me guess, a suicidal teenager on the UM forum decides what "rights" I have. For some reason, you keep forgetting that you are no one.

The artist put every song on the album to be listened to. If I don't have the right to use a recording however I please and am forced to adhere to the artist's idea of how the album should be experienced; skipping tracks is unacceptable. If you skip tracks, you are a hypocrite.

I'm not saying what rights you do and do not have. It seems like you're 'altering' in a selfish way not thinking about the band that created the music or anything else. Like some kind of tunnel vision or something. Once again altering someone's music you did not create is not the samething as skipping over a song you do not like. Just say you skip a track because you did not like it,a part in it. Why not just alter it since you've already done it before ?

Just say I had a full band, put out a cd. Say someone just liked the vocals,bass,drums and hate my guitar solos. So they either removed my solos on mp3's or an actual cd they bought. Why, don't know since they don't like every aspect. If I found out i'd be pretty pissed because I know,my band knows what are intention is,what it should sound like. What makes you so special you have to alter it,you took no time to write ?. You're sitting on your ass being a picky douchebag. You have the power to not listen to it, that's only choice you have.

You really think you can better,make music you did not create more enjoyable than the people who made it. The only reason you would change it is because you don't understand, like it. If you don't like my guitar solo's why waste your time listening to the band i'm in. I'm sure most bands would think like this.

Don't altar my music. Make your own band with the same syle,sound and not have guitar solos. Listen to the cd you made since it's perfect now for you absent of solos.

If you don't like a band vocals. Don't be a jackass altering their music,etc... Start a cover band without vocals, cover their songs.

You could easily take all these thing in music you don't like forming a band the opposite of those specific things. Intead of wasting time with bands you will never fully get. Being a rat fucking with music you did not create. There is tons of bands you can like everything about.

The Greys said:
Just say you skip a track because you did not like it,a part in it. Why not just alter it since you've already done it before ?

This doesn't even make sense.

Just say I had a full band, put out a cd. Say someone just liked the vocals,bass,drums and hate my guitar solos. So they either removed my solos on mp3's or an actual cd they bought. Why, don't know since they don't like every aspect.

Neither does this.

If I found out i'd be pretty pissed because I know,my band knows what are intention is,what it should sound like. What makes you so special you have to alter it,you took no time to write ?. You're sitting on your ass being a picky douchebag.

Who is he to make that decision? Who are YOU to say what he can't do with something you SOLD to him. That's like saying a guy cannot put a bigger engine in a car you sold him. Get it straight... you SOLD him the record. Shut up, wanker.

You have the power to not listen to it, that's only choice you have.

Wait... what happend to this whole, "I'm not telling you what your rights are," thing?

You really think you can better,make music you did not create more enjoyable than the people who made it. The only reason you would change it is because you don't understand, like it.

So, by that logic, if a guitarist throws his guitar down a flight of stairs and calls it a terrible solo, the reason I don't like it is because I don't understand it? You're a joke, The Greys.

If you don't like my guitar solo's why waste your time listening to the band i'm in. I'm sure most bands would think like this.

So, now you can dictate to me what bands I can and cannot waste my time on? That's not your call. Particularly since I would have PAID for the music.

Don't altar my music. Make your own band with the same syle,sound and not have guitar solos. Listen to the cd you made since it's perfect now for you because my solos are absent.

Lots of opinion here, Weeping Vagina, too bad nothing is substantiated.

If you don't like a band vocals. Don't be a jackass alterinh their music,etc... Start a cover band without vocals, cover their songs,record them and listen to them.

Ummm, you didn't think very hard did you? You also WROTE those songs and had an intention for it to sound a certain way. For them to take what you wrote and alter it is, in fact, altering your music. Way to go, The Greys.

You could easily take all these thing in music you don't like forming a band the opposite of those specific things. Intead of wasting time with bands you will never fully get. Being a rat fucking with music you did not create. There is tons of bands you can like everything about.

My above post. + Shut up, The Greys.

If someone is altering your music by covers songs they are getting a real musical perspective. Someone altering music on a computer sitting on their ass is not, nor is understanding the music you created. They don't deserve to fuck with music they did not create.

This is why tons of people cover songs. A lot of people probably do not alter music because it's an easy,cheap and ridiculous.

So... the ability to memorize a song means you get musical perspective? So, you're saying it'd be wrong for musical genius like Steve Vai to alter your song on his computer?

The Greys said:
Listening to your music ?

You mean listening to others people music. Altering their music from how they originally did it. It does not matter what I think on this. You should be alble to realize how ridiculous,wrong what you're doing is.

A band puts out music for people to like it,listen to it. There is a lot of bands out there. I'm sure you could find a band you fully like. Not everyone is going to like everything about a band. You don't see everyone fucking with people's music. They just simply do not listen to the band.

I think it's sad you have to change a bands music around when you are not the one 'creating' let alone their music. I think you should atleast look at this from a few different views if you are really determined to do it, especially from a creation artist outlook.

I apologize for judging you but this really struck with me. I could have repyled differently.. I think most people that play an instrument,listen to music and respect artists would not like hearing what you said thinking it's fucked. You seem like a hollow listener.

You could alter someones music easily with your computer but do you have the balls to make music yourself, the effort to write it. It's not as easy as what you're about to do. Their is no equal between both things. It seems like music does not mean anything to you.

A band enjoys everything in their band, if not the band member would be booted. If you can't hear what fans or the band is hearing it does not give you the write to change their music.

and Demi.. how is skipping over a song the samething as changing someone's music when you did not create it ?

You have a right to skip something if you don't like it. You do not have to listen the band if you do not like them. You can not change a band around how you want it for your needs so you can like music. That's ridiculous. That is far from similiar or the samething.

How i'm thinking on this 'subject' is rational,relevent. If you don't agree you just dislike me,my grammar. It's strange to me no one is sharing what they think on what this person is doing.

Oh well, don't even know why I bother.

What the fuck, that was the most painful, headache inducing thing I've ever read. Not only is your argument retarded its so horribly articulated that even if there was something of value in there no one would get what you were trying to say... One tip commas do not equal "and". As for the relevance of skipping a song, many bands create their albums to be taken in as a whole, with the songs being more of movements then induviudal songs. When one skips a given track they do not recieve the album in the fashion the artist originally intened it to be recieved. Editing out vocals isn't much different. Nothing else you mentioned is even worth replying to...

BWAh HAHAHA Greys, i dont think the guy that started this thread intended on taking out the voice so he could burn it and destroy the real version (which he owns so it doesn't matter if he did anyway). You make out he's the owner of a record label and is asking advice on how to wreck the new nile by taking the vocals out because to him it sounds better there for wrecking the intended way the band wanted the album to sound like.Ever thought he just wanted to hear what it sounded like for the hell of it, or maybe to hear the guitaring/drumming better where a voice over powers the song, or he is trying to play the song and it's easier to hear the instrument this way or a million other reasons that doesn't hurt anyone in the process. When the actual band comes into your house, kicks you in teeth and requests you don't do it because they don't want you wrecking their product, only then will that kid that got smashed and only that kid think you were right, which still doesn't escuse you for all the other sensless shit you spattered out your ass in this thread.

The Greys I think if you just accept this one time that you mucked up, this will be over.

Honestly your argument has nothing to hold it together, let me put it together for you in a simple matter:

-This guy would like to enjoy this music without listening to the vocals or anything else he would like to remove.

-You insist that this is wrong and should not be done, it removes depth or meaning from music.

While undoubtebly the artists original intention would be for the listener to hear their musical creation/product in its entire unaltered beauty, i'm sure they would not mind if the listener finds certain aspects brilliant and others not. This hit and miss affair, can in many ways result in a larger listening audience (Opeth prove this point with the acoustic ballad or 'white' side of their music).

In any case, this individual is altering this music simply for his own listening pleasure. This is not disrespecting a band of its music and creation, but instead embracing the (personally) greater aspects on another level.

So much music is imperfect, yet at the same time there is much to enjoy about it. So why disregard imperfect music instead of filtering and enjoying what you can?

Music is made to be aurally pleasing, he is trying to make the few songs he listed up there that bit more enjoyable to him. Explain why he should go against musics own intention.

The Greys said:
and Demi...

Haha. As if that wasn't the best thing said in this thread. He has a pet name for you. :tickled:

But it's true The Greys. Your posts are incoherent and littered with spelling mistakes. I don't even bother reading most of what you have to say as usually it is too difficult to read and comprehend what you are trying to say. Generally even if a person is a poor speller and gramatically spastic, you can understand a little bit of what they are writing, but this is due to the fact that what they are saying fits the context. You usually go off on some weird tangent that no one else was even thinking about - it's quite confusing.

If you're in a room on a computer listening to music thinking it was created for you,is your music to alter that is fuck up. Regardless you have no part in their music. A band creates music for themselves. If people like it then a band can write personally and maybe for real fans that like the band. If a band and other people understand have you thought you do not ?. You might be the problem not someone's 'band'. Why is someone's music about only your selfishness. Are you forgetting about the band failing to realize their music does not have imperfections because you think so. They took time to write and record the music, not you. Simply do not listen to the band if you think so. Wanting to do something ridiculous like altering 'music' you're not getting is wrong. What stands you out from anyone else. What puts you on the power trip. Why alter music you did not create because you think it has imperfections because you don't like something about a band. If a band does not think they have imperfections or even other people maybe you should leave the bands music alone. That band is not for you. Why is it so hard to listen to finding CDs you enjoy. Why do you think about computers and altering bands music with programs. Get a hobby or something for christ sakes. Why 2005

This is the first time I've heard of someone 'altering' a bands music. I'm curious to know motives and why. I'd like to get some answers from the poster of the thread.

I want to avoid the thread but can't.

The Greys said:
So jeans,video games,a plastic/electronic stereo system is a similiar product to music created by living people playing that put time into. I'm forgetting it's 2005, no one will understand what i'm trying to say. I apologize.

Music is in motion and alive, not jeans.

So altering a bands music they created themselves is the samething as machines in a factor creating other machines and products.

It's all about stoicness, mechanism and perfection. The one last important thing 'music' has no meaning anymore to some people. Oh well, once again don't know why I bothered. A band makes music for people to enjoy it in every aspect, not alter it. Altering living person product that is being played is different to me than cutting a whole in a pair of genes for fashion,appearence. I'm sure some people will think it's the same thing but maybe listening to music is not for you. If I hear a cd as a musicians I realize people created it, the way it sounds is like it is for a reason. I highly doubt a band wants someone fucking with their music.

I make no sense so ignore me. I should not expect every listener to hold music as something important and meaningful. A lot of people see just music as a plastic disk the spins in a stereo like the person that made this thread. This person is going to use a program to alter someones music they did not create in 2 minutes with an internet program when the band took months writing it,spending money on instruments,gas for their cars,driving to practive,etc... to put out their music the way they think it should sound.

It's 2005, mechanism and stoic.

hooray

Do you even make music, do you have any idea just what the fuck you're talking about or are you trying to pretend to be some kind've psychological philosopher? I spend a lot of my time creating music with the other guys in my group and while I would like it for people to enjoy the music in it's entirety
I'm really not going to care all that much if they choose to listen to it on their own with an instrument missing from the mix.

The Greys said:
If you're in a room on a computer listening to music thinking it was created for you,is your music to alter that is fuck up. Regardless you have no part in their music. A band creates music for themselves. If people like it then a band can write personally and maybe for real fans that like the band. If a band and other people understand have you thought you do not ?. You might be the problem not someone's 'band'. Why is someone's music about only your selfishness. Are you forgetting about the band failing to realize their music does not have imperfections because you think so. They took time to write and record the music, not you. Simply do not listen to the band if you think so. Wanting to do something ridiculous like altering 'music' you're not getting is wrong. What stands you out from anyone else. What puts you on the power trip. Why alter music you did not create because you think it has imperfections because you don't like something about a band. If a band does not think they have imperfections or even other people maybe you should leave the bands music alone. That band is not for you. Why is it so hard to listen to finding CDs you enjoy. Why do you think about computers and altering bands music with programs. Get a hobby or something for christ sakes. Why 2005

This is the first time I've heard of someone 'altering' a bands music. I'm curious to know motives and why. I'd like to get some answers from the poster of the thread.

I want to avoid the thread but can't.

If Dark Tranquillity was making music soley for their own enjoyment they wouldn't be going on international tours and releasing albums every year or so. Stop trying to make yourself out to be some great intellectual who is enlightened among the brainwashed masses because you're just coming off as a worthless tool.

I tried to consider The Grey's argument but then realized it was just really stupid. It's almost like he's looking for any stupid reason to start a ten page argument.