Is there anything TRULY EXCITING going on in metal these days?

:lol: That song is terrible.

Four Tet reminds me of DCD more than anything. Definitely not lurchmusic I'd imagine. :p

What should I download to open .rar files??

:lol: That song is terrible.

Four Tet reminds me of DCD more than anything. Definitely not lurchmusic I'd imagine. :p

What should I download to open .rar files??

I really like all types of music, always have.

the only reason I posted that video was to highlight how visuals can help a not so great song ... (not that Portal are not great)

I really like all types of music, always have.

the only reason I posted that video was to highlight how visuals can help a not so great song ... (not that Portal are not great)

Dude, but Four Tet IS great. I dare you to compare their latest to just about any crossover IDM (non-house/dubstep electronica) coming out right now.... Not that it matters, but I'm not the only one who thinks this. I actually saw him live a week or so ago. Religious experience.

ok that Gorillaz song was pretty good, but like in a gay way :loco: ...
but tell me again how is this so innovative than lets say De La Soul was 20 years ago?

Beach House ... competent and I like how it drills itself in your head. but repeated listens and I would be hanging out in the Castro district ... seriously this is not for guys. don't brag to anyone that you like this :loco:

Gorillaz: Uh, did you listen to it? THAT CHORUS DOES NOT BELONG (btw, I'm sure someone has mixed funk, vocoders, rap and Welsh prog goodness, but you have to admit that you don't hear it often, nor done so well).

Beach House: you see, I don't consider this "gay" at all. Hypnotic and "emotive" it may be, but srsly. I don't consider this any more girly than, say, Slowdive or Cocteau Twins. Plus, it made me tear up on an airplane a month ago. I think I hid it well from the other passengers.*

*I also had a boner. Victoria Legrand's voice** is HOTT.

**Victoria Legrand

Liars ... please.

The Animal Collective so far is the best of the 5 ... as it has dynamics, some sort of buildup. Both it and Gorillaz.

The other 3 songs are just flat sway along songs maybe enjoyed with some weed but otherwise really pedestrian.

Word is bond.

I am seriously open to new shit ... but this really is nothing more than what I hear on indie rock radio here in NY.

Beach House: you see, I don't consider this "gay" at all. Hypnotic and "emotive" it may be, but srsly. I don't consider this any more girly than, say, Slowdive or Cocteau Twins. Plus, it made me tear up on an airplane a month ago. I think I hid it well from the other passengers.*

I can't cry to guys that look and sing like fruitcakes ... with a pastel blue guitar that matches the chicks dress. you shitting me right?

if I want to cry I take it to the Eagles, or some band that I know that they were some hard living dudes that IF wrote a deep song, you know shit was going wrong in their lives.

this IS just gay stuff :p

if I want to cry I take it to the Eagles, or some band that I know that they were some hard living dudes

Motherfucker brings up the Eagles, easily the worst band ever (other than KISS).... THIS HAS GOT TO STOP NOW.

This thread is dedicated to the :p

EDIT: and the :loco:

:p

"I've told you guys before: bands shouldn't have girlfriends. What if you have a Fleetwood Mac situation? A love triangle. But that was more like a love square. Granted, they did make some of their best music back then."
"Rumours."
"No. That's all true.