Is This a good guitar to buy?

Pita Bread said:
Get a BC Rich platinum series or NJ series if you don't want to spend a lot of money. Those things blow any other comparably priced guitar out of the water. However, Jackson seems to be the better value for guitars between the $1000 - $2000 range.

Agreed. The looks and playability of the beast models blow the shit out of anything within that range. Although Jackson's probably gonna give you the best value above the $1K range, in my opinion, the beast model's still look fuckin twenty times better than any Jackson I've seen.

If you get a cheap BCR though, make sure you upgrade the pickups, and if it has a tune-o-matic/quad styled bridge, change it to a tone-pros. The pickups they come with are noisy as hell, and the bridge on mine had some serious issues... (apparently one end of the saddles was held in place with a wire, and mine loosened... 'nuff said.)

I have a Dimarzio Fred in the bridge (harmonic heaven!) and a Humbucker from Hell in the neck (do I ever use neck? lol), and it's a pretty chill combo. It's a bit on the bright and crisp side, which works well for the 80's styled riffing I do.

Personally I don't see the attraction of a RR if your looking for a Jackson. I may be wrong here, but doesn't KV have 24 frets and is still the same kinda shape. If I were to buy a Jackson (which i won't because im an Ibanez guy) I think for the money. The KV is the best deal. Great shape and the tone/playability of a RR or soloist.

"The KV is the best deal"

No, BC Rich speedloader NJ JRV is the best.

V Shape, 24fres, WAY BETTER FRET ACCESS! Ebony board, Speedlaoder (Which is basically an original floyd, same materials ETC + Way easier to tune/string). Magohany body. for $550

Tell me whos giving more bang for the buck.

my friend's NJ beast has a HUCK fucking neck. i cant stand it. plus it doesnt balance well when you stand up

not to mention the elctronics and pickups are shot, and the fake floyd is completely garbage

Day_Before_Dawn said:
Personally I don't see the attraction of a RR if your looking for a Jackson. I may be wrong here, but doesn't KV have 24 frets and is still the same kinda shape. If I were to buy a Jackson (which i won't because im an Ibanez guy) I think for the money. The KV is the best deal. Great shape and the tone/playability of a RR or soloist.
King V's with floyds are ugly to me. . .but a rhoads looks nice with either a string thru or a floyd.

just my opinion

Beasts have shit balance, i know.

Neck, it didn't hinder me.

BCR Pickups, thoiugh not great are a damned site better than the stuck stuff on import jackson/ESP/Fender/Gibson.... and the Licensed floyd is better thna that lo-pro shite jackson use.

is your heart set on a rhoads? i know they look awesome and all, but theyre really annoying to play sitting down. unless this is for a secondary guitar, i would reccomend getting a different shape

this is really damn nice
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33044&item=3727954997&rd=1

heres a similar one with flamed maple and no emgs
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33044&item=3727105845&rd=1

this one has a cool paint job and no floyd
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33044&item=3727315685&rd=1

I saw a SLSMG on Ebaywith a BIN for $350!!!!

thats a fucking STEAL!!! those are easily $900 Guitars.

i got curious, taught myslef most of it. . took a few lessons here and there

The Rhodes V is nice, but if you want an amazing sound... look into Washburn... more so the Idol Series or X Series. These guitars are amazing quality and an amazing tone especially a lower crunch than anything I've played before.