Is this a viable signal chain?

roncarlston

New Metal Member
Dec 31, 2012
i'm in the process of overhauling my recording setup. I just got rid of my pod HD (cut out the middle man) and want to do something like this:

Guitar --> Input of saffire 24 (which is hooked up to my PC via firewire) ---> outputs of saffire into my PA speakers / Studio monitors.

For the amps/cab sims ill either use the ones that come with cubase 7 or i'll do the whole lectro TSE-808 thing. both of which sound way better than the pod.

I just wanted to run this by you guys real quick to make sure i'm not doing anything incredibly stupid because i'm fairly new to pro audio :headbang:

seems fine. Just make sure if you are connecting your guitar straight to the interface to use the HIz instrument input. If the saffire 24 is anything like the pro40 then there should be a button to press next to the first two inputs that says "inst".

seems fine. Just make sure if you are connecting your guitar straight to the interface to use the HIz instrument input. If the saffire 24 is anything like the pro40 then there should be a button to press next to the first two inputs that says "inst".

There isn't actually. there's a light on the front of it next to phantom power that sais INS so there must be some way to select it. thanks for the heads up!