Is this band to "extreme" for PP?

Sep 12, 2002
Visit site
So I've become obsessed with Unexpect. Their new album "In a Flesh Aquariam" is the most unique album I've heard in years and definitely will top my favorite album list for 2006. I think the music is very complex and very tallented musicians though. I'm going to see them this Monday, I'll let you know how they are live. If they could pull off their sound live I really believe they'd be good for the "odd" act that Glenn picks each year. Tell me what you guys think.

http://www.myspace.com/unexpect

I think they are too 'extreme' for ProgPower. I'll be curious to hear what you think of them live-- I saw them last October and they got really old pretty quickly-- imo.

I'm hoping they play In a Flesh Aquariam and then We, Invaders right in a row and I would be a happy guy. I don't think I could get bored of hearing that live but I'll let you know.

Just listened to the album. I really enjoyed it. But I don't know about at PP. They aren't too heavy. But I don't think that a lot of people would be interested. AFAIK PP really hasn't had an avant garde band before. Worth a shot though.