Isis - Panopticon

Nut Butter said:
Speaking of new releases, who's looking forward to the Melvins/Jello Biafra collaboration?!? MEEEE!

I'm still getting through the Melvins/Lustmord album. It seems good, though.

I've yet to hear that one, too! I love it how when you don't hear from the Melvins for a few months you know they'll come back with 10 new releases...

Speaking of which, they also have a split 7" with Isis in the works.

Listening at the moment.. i think i listened to Oceanic once or twice, i cant remember a thing about it. I probably even liked it for all i remember, but something put me off listening to it (and not necessarily the music..).. cant remember what now.

Anyway, Panoptican is sounding good so far, only on the first track but im enjoying it. Doesnt sound anything particularly creative or original, but nicely done and music i'm in the mood for.

I've listened to Panopticon several times. I'm not totally familiar with it, but at the present I'm losing interest.

It's respectable music and all, but it plays out kind of like a "metal of the week" type album. No matter how basically good it is, it doesn't settle in well with me, the songs are fleeting. Not to mention that "boom-boom-Chick...boom boom Chick!..." drumming in every damn song! :erk:

I'm not sure that I exaggerated there, I'm serious. :lol:

But I would definitely recommend checking the album out anyway. The music is very good. I wouldn't want to discourage anyone from the self-discovery of that lovely drumming. :lol:

the drumming has gotten better and it seems like the instrumental parts are longer. I like it so far, but haven't listened to it that much.
if you dudes haven't checked out Switchblade already, yr missing out.

The switchlade album is a bit uneven but good yeah. Swedish core bands are nice, for some reason. Thinking of Cult of Luna, Breach, Nasum etc

And if someone likes them, then someone should get Breach - Kollapse because it is brilliant.

The few tracks I've gotten from the new Isis are excellent. Don't know why the drumming might seem irritating. Loose snare might draw a subconscious parallel to metallica's latest horrible record, but try to think happy thoughts instead.