Israel.

OK...

So to sum it all up, he thinks that we should let Iran have the bomb, that Iran will not use the nuclear weapon unless provoked, that Iran is ruled by a bunch of extremists, but that they are not crazy...

<facepalm>

One way of "using" such a super weapon is threatening the world with it and demanding things from us (look at Northern Korea) - they don't need to actually launch it to benefit from it.

Emotions cloud out logical thinking and i hear some heavy emotions in the conversation.

I am not pro war, but i am also for not letting our enemies (or our friends enemies) have weapons that could endanger our and our friends lives.

OK...

So to sum it all up, he thinks that we should let Iran have the bomb, that Iran will not use the nuclear weapon unless provoked, that Iran is ruled by a bunch of extremists, but that they are not crazy...

<facepalm>

One way of "using" such a super weapon is threatening the world with it and demanding things from us (look at Northern Korea) - they don't need to actually launch it to benefit from it.

Emotions cloud out logical thinking and i hear some heavy emotions in the conversation.

I am not pro war, but i am also for not letting our enemies (or our friends enemies) have weapons that could endanger our and our friends lives.

Dear Pumpkin,

This sounds like a very emotional response to me,

Lots of love,

Owen. x

OK...

<facepalm>

Well what if I wouldn't want you having a spoon? Because you might gouge out my fucking left testicle with it. Am I in the right to say such a thing?

Well what if I wouldn't want you having a spoon? Because you might gouge out my fucking left testicle with it. Am I in the right to say such a thing?

If he lived next door to you and for the past couple decades he's been shooting steroids and bulking up and every time him or his family came outside they screamed something at you to the effect of "As soon as I get a spoon I'm going to gouge out your fucking testicles you infidel,I'm going to destroy you with this spoon and wipe you off the face of the earth"

You would totally be in the right to say that;-)

Sigh. Did you even watch the whole thing?

How about you quote specific parts of what i said and supply your counter arguments.

Exactly which part of my post could give you an impression i didn't watch the whole video ?

I am too lazy to go there again to give you exact times when he says what i said he said.

If he lived next door to you and for the past couple decades he's been shooting steroids and bulking up and every time him or his family came outside they screamed something at you to the effect of "As soon as I get a spoon I'm going to gouge out your fucking testicles you infidel,I'm going to destroy you with this spoon and wipe you off the face of the earth"

You would totally be in the right to say that;-)

Heh.
Right.
But lets not compare a spoon with a nuclear weapon - it is not a valid argument.

Heh.
Right.
But lets not compare a spoon with a nuclear weapon - it is not a valid argument.

Yeah totally not comparable, just trying to get the point across that they have made numerous threats in the past and yet some people choose to ignore that. It would be a totally different situation had they not made threats constantly. Some people are full of empty threats but some people make good on promises and the world can't take a chance and hope that all the threats they have made in the past is just a bunch of hot air and tough talk.

I fucking hate Israel and I hate that I'm somehow anti-Semitic for being anti-Zionist.

Mutant, quit while you're ahead. If you quote Ahmadinejad to support your argument, you automatically lose.

I fucking hate Israel and I hate that I'm somehow anti-Semitic for being anti-Zionist.

Mutant, quit while you're ahead. If you quote Ahmadinejad to support your argument, you automatically lose.

Well, I have to agree with Jeff on this one.

At least you're not Jewish (in the south, no less).

Mutant:

The biggest problem is ignorance amongst the general public (in the US, but apparently Poland too!). Yeah the Jewish lobby has some to do with it and all that, but the American public are absolutely uninformed. Most can't even name a single war Israel was involved in since 1948, no one understands that Israel has a FUCKING BATSHIT CRAZY EXTREMIST RIGHT WING GOVERNMENT, and certainly no one understands how the government can have so much power despite a sizable moderate Israeli citizenry (hint, their election system has enabled small right-wing minority parties to form coalitions with the Likud party, giving it an unfair and unequal amount of power).

So, you've got that.

Then there's Iran which, as stated in the video, is not a crazy backwards extremist Muslim nation. Yeah the government sucks and they're essentially playing chicken with the rest of the world, but war is the last thing they want because they would absolutely, positively, undeniably lose. Iran doesn't want the 80s all over again.

What should we do? Wait.

With all of our military technology (surveillance capabilities, drones, whatever the fuck else, for good or bad), do you really think Iran will catch us off guard with a bomb? Fuck you, it's not going to happen.

Israel is acting like a child, but they won't go to war without us. The US, specifically the Obama administration, is in a horrible position because it's domestic suicide to say you don't support Israel as an ally, and it would be utter chaos if Israel was destroyed and we didn't go in to help out.

Granted, 70% of the US population doesn't want another war, but who knows how that would change if it actually happened.

I could go on about how a war with Iran would be awful for every single fucking actor involved, but that ought to be self-evident.

/rant

Honestly? let Israel go to war with Iran. I want to see them absolutely decimated for their stupidity and hubris if they think attacking Iran will work out.

That's not a politically viable option for either party in the US. I'm not saying that's the way it ought to be, but it's true. Unfortunately we've created a lose-lose situation for ourselves.

At least you're not Jewish (in the south, no less).

Mutant:

The biggest problem is ignorance amongst the general public (in the US, but apparently Poland too!). Yeah the Jewish lobby has some to do with it and all that, but the American public are absolutely uninformed. Most can't even name a single war Israel was involved in since 1948, no one understands that Israel has a FUCKING BATSHIT CRAZY EXTREMIST RIGHT WING GOVERNMENT, and certainly no one understands how the government can have so much power despite a sizable moderate Israeli citizenry (hint, their election system has enabled small right-wing minority parties to form coalitions with the Likud party, giving it an unfair and unequal amount of power).

So, you've got that.

Then there's Iran which, as stated in the video, is not a crazy backwards extremist Muslim nation. Yeah the government sucks and they're essentially playing chicken with the rest of the world, but war is the last thing they want because they would absolutely, positively, undeniably lose. Iran doesn't want the 80s all over again.

What should we do? Wait.

With all of our military technology (surveillance capabilities, drones, whatever the fuck else, for good or bad), do you really think Iran will catch us off guard with a bomb? Fuck you, it's not going to happen.

Israel is acting like a child, but they won't go to war without us. The US, specifically the Obama administration, is in a horrible position because it's domestic suicide to say you don't support Israel as an ally, and it would be utter chaos if Israel was destroyed and we didn't go in to help out.

Granted, 70% of the US population doesn't want another war, but who knows how that would change if it actually happened.

I could go on about how a war with Iran would be awful for every single fucking actor involved, but that ought to be self-evident.

/rant

The truth most often lies somewhere in between the 2 extreme sides.
You are using strong words like "FUCKING BATSHIT CRAZY EXTREMIST RIGHT WING GOVERNMENT" which for sure you are aware is an overstatement, you also imply that almost no one understands the situation.
These two signs tell me that you are a bit closer to one of the extremes, than to the objective truth in the middle.
So calm down and listen to both sides of the story, try to put yourself in their shoes.

To affirm my position: I AM AGAINST THE WAR.
This situation should be solved with (in order of least to most extreme) pertractations, espionage, invisibly influencing major powers on both sides (not necessarily in accordance with the international law) and in case nothing else works - with surgical military actions, not with a full scale war that would cost an arm and leg and take years to stabilize the chaos that would break loose.

One more thing you are surely aware of, but seem to ignore just for the sake of the argument:
Jews love money.
Most probably they love the money much more than you or me love the money.
So they will wait and wait and wait with spending their precious sheqels on any war they will feel is necessary to protect their country.
Don't lose your sleep over it. There will be no war.