It seems Massimiliano does it again for me...

Alcapoth

S t a r E
Apr 27, 2002
ON, Canada
Visit site
:headbang: ...........:worship:

JULES

My God, this is the BEST damn Novembre song I have heard since Come Pierrot. I mean, wow, so much emotion and the overall feeling of the song - hard to describe, but it's so incredibly well done and pieced together.

The intro, AS SOON as I first heard it, brought chills down my spine. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL melody - I was speechless. The way even the AMAZING percussion comes in slowly, building up as it gets louder and louder is purely breathtaking and powerful. A truly great riff soon comes afterward. Just...wow. And what needs to be said about the vocals?????

JESUS! THE VOCALS!

Oh my god, Carmello has improved so much since NW (and that album was stunning in every way!)

2:36 is perhaps the FINEST moment on the album for me, and obviously, the BEST part of the song imo. Carmello's voice is truly stunning here in every way imaginable. In fact, it seems the band took a cue from Klimt 1918 here, which is what I was reminded of for a second (AMAZING band).

4:07 gets a bit heavier and remains impressive through to the end of the song...this ENTIRE song is AWESOME! From beginning to end....

I have a feeling this one will be on my playlist for a VERY long time.

And of course, judging by the credits, it's mainly Pagliuso's song...go figure.

TOP 5 from Materia

1. JULES
2. Verne (the beginning captured my heart with its amazing beauty and dreamy atmosphere...terrific song!)
3. Geppetto
4. Aquamarine
5. Nothijngrad (edit: just switched this now with Reason....what a KILLER track!)

6. Reason

...this ENTIRE album is just filled with atmosphere. I love it! I'm not sure whether or not it beats out NW just yet (too early to tell) but I already know it will be either the BEST one or the second best one to NW, haha. VERY well done album.

I just thought I'd share my thoughts on my fave song off this beautiful album with all the Novembre fans here.

Cheers everyone!

Funny, I also mentioned it in my review that the 2:37+ part of the song is the best moment of the album.

-- ivansfr0st

crap, I'm having a hard time getting into the album! :(
currently I'd say I'm quite disappointed with it...it's so different to Waltz.

that part in Jules is excellent...

my favorite vocal part on the album is in 'croma'. The part at 2:30 that starts with 'i just want to be someone that makes you believe you're not breaking away' and ends around 3:00... then the riff at 3:35 after "for the train to tomorrow is here and it's longing to take us away" on... is fucking brilliant! But like stated in a different thread... i wish the song ended as beautiful as it began.

after listening to all of the albums non-stop this past week... i gotta say, a lot of bands play it safe and release the same album over and over again... Novembre on the other hand, their style stays the same, but every album sounds so different from one another, and every one of them is just amazing. Not many bands can acheive that. :worship:

NovemberMourning said:
that part in Jules is excellent...

my favorite vocal part on the album is in 'croma'. The part at 2:30 that starts with 'i just want to be someone that makes you believe you're not breaking away' and ends around 3:00... then the riff at 3:35 after "for the train to tomorrow is here and it's longing to take us away" on... is fucking brilliant!

I love you :saint:

I think that Massimiliano is one of the few sensible guitar players left in the scene. He plays with such an emotion, is like the guitar is singing all the time.

I'm not nearly as familiar with "Materia" as I should be but I must say that the opening to "Aquamarine" is one of the most powerfully moving opening sequences I've ever heard.

"Uncomfort within the improper feelings of this song
I'd rather grey instead of marbled pearly skies
Its imprint is alive like a post-war Stalingrad
A sense of broken Atlantis capes alive"

So beautiful.