Novembrine Waltz...

chomps said:
hhahahaha pussy!

In answer to the thread makers question: Although Novembrine Waltz is awesome and is the album that got me into Novembre, I'd have to say that Materia is better solely because my girlfriend lets me fuck her to it:kickass:

At which song does she reach the climax on that album? This thread brought something unusual and very interesting. Thanks chomps, you big champ.

I'm not too sure...but I'd say somewhere near the end of the album.
You know, coz I'm such a man and all and I gotta imply that my sexual skills are second to none to a bunch of strangers on the internet.

lol imo

For me is very difficult to choose their best album, probably Classica.
However, the worst album is Arte Novecento with maaaanyy differenceee.

chomps said:
You should write reviews for a living.
A++
:rolleyes: Man, that hurted too !
It's a review written years ago, I'm not calling anyone depressive boy and in any case to Oceana of course.
My point is, how many songs for that album Novembre play live ? Why ?
I always ask people who likes Arte Novecento about how many masterpieces are in it. The answer ? One, probably two... In my opinion there are few variation in the songs and becomes monotone.

But that's it, an opinion. If I would put a review in Opeth's forum about latest releases, some fanatics inmediately would blame me and so on but I feel comfortable posting here because you are civilized people :oops:

thought id throw my two cents in here...

i think there are a lot of good songs on arte, more than two masterpieces... they don't play that many songs off the album probably cause their set isnt long enough to fit them in. typically when bands tour they play more songs off their current release, so the older stuff gets less play. there are quite a few masterpieces on 'wish' yet they don't play all of those either.

as for novembrine waltz... i cant really say whether or not its their greatest most accomplished work... but i will say that i like that album the best out of all of them.

in regards to the tchaikovsky piece in 'Distances' its right at 4:11 and its from 'swan lake'.

CHEERS!

ps... Opeth and Novembre are considered black metal?

songless said:
I always ask people who likes Arte Novecento about how many masterpieces are in it. The answer ? One, probably two... In my opinion there are few variation in the songs and becomes monotone.

But that's it, an opinion. If I would put a review in Opeth's forum about latest releases, some fanatics inmediately would blame me and so on but I feel comfortable posting here because you are civilized people :oops:

My fave Novembre song is Homecoming, my fave album is arte novecento. Standout tracks?

Homecoming
Pioggia..January Tunes
Nursery Rhymes
Will
Remorse

Of course, it's got 2 tracks which are kind of skippable (stripped cover and photograph) but all the rest is pretty damn up there with the rest of their stuff.

I can agree to your review partly, Carmelo's vox on Pioggia and Remorse is expressing pain, but they're great nonetheless. I wouldn't change a single song, neither the covers of Novembre, because they're what they put out. Anyone who has been with Novembre, knows they aren't much about fireworks, whistles and bells when it comes to songwritting.. it's as raw as you can get, they're that kind of band you either love or hate, nothing in between.

NovemberMourning said:
ps... Opeth and Novembre are considered black metal?

As much as Eric Clapton is considered a country artist, I'd say, although some songs on Wish, could allow for an interpretation of a blackish moment of the band, songs like OldLighthouse Tale, Let Me Hate, Sirens in Filth, etc..

Recordable said:
You don't know how many times I've listened NW in my bed at nights and cried its beautiness.
chomps said:
hhahahaha pussy!

LOOOOOOL!!!!!!

chomps said:
Although Novembrine Waltz is awesome and is the album that got me into Novembre, I'd have to say that Materia is better solely because my girlfriend lets me fuck her to it:kickass:

Ahahahah great reason :D I did it with NW instead (the album, not the forum user LOL), but anyway I always lose attention in music while minutes pass on... :D

songless said:
I always ask people who likes Arte Novecento about how many masterpieces are in it. The answer ? One, probably two...

Novembre use to play just a few, but you should consider they could probably prefer to play newest things, no? At least to promote them ;) But it's full of people asking them to play more of that masterpiece (my fave together with NW and Materia), because it's all made of great tracks, from "Pioggia... January Tunes" to "Carnival", I adore even "Stripped" (better than the original for me, differently from the horrible version from Rammstein) and the ethereal "Photograph"...
It's just a pity you're not able to appreciate it, but it's normal reading your "metalhead nerd" review and those "oh there are no desperate cries" or "The artwork is gay, and the lyrics too", absurd for anyone really into melancholic music... try to "feel" the bands' sound better, or even to go to Venice, maybe you'll understand something more about this genre, otherwise you can always turn again to embrace the evil darkness and leather macho-men :)

chomps said:
Although Novembrine Waltz is awesome and is the album that got me into Novembre, I'd have to say that Materia is better solely because my girlfriend lets me fuck her to it

WORN_CARILLON said:
Ahahahah great reason :D I did it with NW instead (the album, not the forum user LOL), but anyway I always lose attention in music while minutes pass on... :D

Yeah, you'd better watch out to not go beyond the minutes you pay for, hookers are strict professionals when it comes to time