Novembrine Waltz on par with any Opeth release?

circus_brimstone

Forest: Sold Out
Jul 5, 2003
Indiana
A few months ago, I purchased Novembre's Novembrine Waltz simply on word of mouth and one mp3 (Distances). I've been digesting it for a while now and I'd have to say that I think it's on par with any Opeth release. Agree/Disagree? Since then, I've only been fortunate enough to come across WICDIA...; although, I plan on completing my Novembre collection within the next few weeks.

They are not very much like Opeth, maybe in some minor ways, but nothing that would scream it, Novembre and way over-looked though ive noticed mainly due to people not liking the clean vocals but its nothing that cant get used to after a few listens, they have amazing albums out and yet they dont get enough recognition, try and get Classica it has Nostalgiaplatz which id say is one of their best songs, bottom line theyre one of the best bands ive come across in a very long time.

novembrine waltz definately is up there. i cant get over this band. the next album could surpass opeth now that they have matured their sound a fair bit.

i suggest any one who hasnt ehard them to start your love affair now!

www.mp3.com/novembre

Is there ANY word on a new Novembre album? Man, I NEED something new.

And while I don't believe Novembrine Waltz is greater than any release by Opeth, they are HIGH up there - definitely one of my favourite bands. Songs such as Come Pierrot and Chld of the Twilight are just incredible. Distances has an amazing intro...first song I heardfrom them.

absolutely! recently, I'm listening to Novembre much more than to Opeth. Classica is a great album, too. but Waltz is the best, except that "Cloudbusting" cover :ill:
:Spin:

Alex78 said:
absolutely! recently, I'm listening to Novembre much more than to Opeth. Classica is a great album, too. but Waltz is the best, except that "Cloudbusting" cover :ill:
:Spin:

I love that Cloudbusting cover. Good stuff.

If you like "Wish I Could Dream It Again", get "Dreams D'Azur", which is the same thing, but done properly years later all grown up and proud like