Music Sucks...

And i love that you clasify DT as generic, boring as hell, nothing stands out? A little thing called the gothenburg sound its what DT and DT side project that got out bigtime ( inflames ) created

DT ARE boring as hell. I odn't care care if they 'invented' the gothenburg sound, because that shit is crap, that is just is what is 'cool'..... damn overrated if you ask me. It's all just rehashed Iron Maiden riffs played at 362.7bpm :rolleyes:

Being a fan of Death and saying Dark Tranquillity is generic music its probably the dumbest thing someone has ever said to me in all my life.

This is the shit that i'm talking about. People ASSUME that because i like 'band A', that i then like 'band B', and that is crap. I love death, and i can't stand DT, it's nothing personal to the band, i just can't stand their style of music.

Katatonia might not be technical really, but, I like this sad/depressing mood in their songs.

Yeah, i know what you mean. But it bores me, that's all. nothing personal :)

and the musical moments that make me feel like it's worth being alive may "blow" to someone else's ears

That was exactly my point, Laura with the unpronouncable nickname... When i said "it gets tiring when everyone assumes that when i like opeth, that i also like katatonia, borknagar, DT"...

PLEASE READ THROUGH ALL OF THIS AND SEND IT TO OTHER PEOPLE

Critics were right about 2000. The music was going to become so submerged in pop culture it was going to drown itself. And well look what's happened, abs of steel, two ton implants and so many gold chains u could melt them and create 50 new fully stocked fort knox's. Hey, wait a second where are the voices and instruments. If you've ever read Dune you would know what this leads to. The only music that can save us all is sadly, country. That's the only mainstream genre that hasn't changed for the worst. Rap used to be about politics and how terrible the blacks are being treated in New York and Los Angeles. Now the main issues they adress is my women's ain't got not big enuff tities, or my $1.000.000 cadillaK broke down. Punk used to be smart and witty and now we got some perverts running around saying they are punk. Metal is the same. Peope think Linkin Park is hardcore. More like tardcore. All of the premier metal bands are sellouts by forging themselves with their enemies............ Rap. It is a sad time for me to grow up surrounded by all these idiots who complain about the faintest things. Look at movies too, it's been so long since I've seen a movie in movie theaters that made me laugh without having to be racial, against homosexuals, or perverted (which doesn't even make me laugh. But our only hope is actually country, its the only new music that's not completely ripped-off. Believe me i hate more than anything. It's not right for clothing companies to make girls feel so bad about themselves they have to imitate african children who don't have the food. It isn't right for people to display messages everywhere saying "haha i was naturally beautiful and you aren't. Censorship is raging again. 20 years ago Airplane was released and it was PG and it had nudity and sexual referances. Now it would probably be rated R just beacause we see someone the way they were brought into this world.Everyone complains about our economy. But actually, we have one of the best in the world. We were hysteric over September 11, yet we turned ourselves away from the 1,000 Africans who died in an explosion over there. How the hell is that a giving and unified spirit. All man is alike. Not too long ago Congress was thinking about forcing American History X to be changed. That is easily one of the most beautiful movies ever and shows you all about the terror's of rascism. We mourned over the lossed of a 1,000 while 10,000's die everyday from malnutrition. And, yet the great givers of the world have enough food to feed the world. It is a sad day for thwe children to grow up. Being embraced by hatred's grasp they have become so idealistic. After the WTC was bombed my younger sister came home and said to me "my teacher told me that some evil afghans bombed a building." We shouldn't have people like that teaching us. Raging hatebreeders shouldn't teach us our lessons in life. Fortunately my home ec teaher tells us the truth. She got fired for the truth by telling us some reasons why they did that to us. We The Tyrannical States of America have decided to deprive country's of essentials that they need to live through embargos. No wonder they hate this country we are the reason why they people lose theirt parent's their friends and children. Al Gore was asking for medicinal taxes to be made to African countries. If you are unaware Africa has a badass AIDS epidemic that if not fully attacked Africa would be hopeless to rescue in 5 years. Why did this page about why music sucks change into this. Well there is a link. Please send to this more people and fight against the goverment. May the underground revolution be spawned here. Jihad!!!!!!!!! fight against the real enemies the goverment. I am not complaining about what this country has done to me but what they have done to other people.

notice i never say you should LIKE DT ok? but if you like and respect death you should respect DT and give them their place, as you said it yourself they invented a sound and whenever you like it or not ALOT of people does like it and it has a lot of technical elements to it ( in other words: Maiden are not capable of doing music so elaborated or technically difficult and they are not capable of remaining THAT sentimental at the same time and they are not capable of playing with their sound and improving it and change it as much, they are just a lesser band ).

How touching, irrelevant, offtopic as hell, and just who asked you about politics and human behavior?!...but touching nonetheless.

so far the only thing remotely related to this thread is

its the only new music that's not completely ripped-off

Sorry i fail to see that. The states dont have original music, blues was imported from africa then rock and funk and other stuff was born. A good deal of metal came from englad and most of the evolution of metal into what it is now its entirely Europe made. The states produce some original music indeed, but the bands that get the atention are rip offs of something else, even among the underground the bands that get the atention are just brutal death metal, the same thing celtic frost and others start ( i mention celtic frost because of the timeline it makes them the first ) and all creative metal acts are so different they just cannot be considered rip offs of anything the usa does unless you take the " baa every metal its just a copy of judas priest" kinda attitute in wich case i honestly do not feel like having a conversation with you.

Originally posted by Till Fjalls
...Well, not really I guess. But I've been really disappointed by the state of music lately. Offhand I can't think of an album since Still Life that have loved all the way through, from start to finish. I know there are maybe two or three since then, but I am too lazy to remember at the moment.

My issue is this:

I have heard many bands in the last few years, some new, and some simply new albums from bands I already knew. Usually, I'll d/l an mp3 or two before I get an album, since it's usually too hard to wait until the album is released, so I like to get a small sample beforehand, like a teaser.

One case in particular: Novembre. I heard the song distances, and I can honestly say that it had the impact on me that Opeth songs do (well, not counting BWP, which I can't get into). So I went out and spent 30 dollars on the album. And you know what, the rest of the songs, at least to me, were just mediocre, and not even close to being as good as the song Distances. So, there went 30 dollars for one song, which, ironically enough, i already had on my computer in mp3 format..

This has been happening to me WAY too much lately. I am really disheartened about the state of music these days. However, I am not sure if it is the music, or if it is me, and expecting too much from my music. Well, that's all I have to say, just wondering if anyone can relate....

Try not to restrict your music solely to metal.
Trance has never sounded better for example.

Originally posted by OpethBrian
Wendys fucking slays.

Holy shit, that must be a new expression.

Gotta keep up with teenie-bop generation lingo to beat 'em at their own game

wink.gif

Originally posted by Wolff

Try not to restrict your music solely to metal.
Trance has never sounded better for example.

You've got a good point, but for the last 2 years I have been doing anything but restricting myself to metal. i've branched out a lot, though I admit I used to be closed minded to almost anything that wasn't metal. I fact, at many points in the last two years, i've listened to more non-metal than I did listen to metal.

I've found many great pieces of music this way, but that's usually it. Again, I can never find a completely great album.

As for trance, I don't know...I've been pretty tunred off by what I heard. Any suggestions???

Go to Audiogalaxy and download Armand Van Helden-Entra Mi Casa, and go buckwild.

Alternatively, you can check out godisantheist thread, or check out this list:

Energy '52 - Cafe del Mar
Rank 1 - Airwave - Rank 1 Vs. Dutch Force Remix
Mauro Picotto - Lizard
Josh Wink - Higher State of Consciousness
Binary Finary - 1999
Faithless - Insomnia
Dead or Alive - My Heard Goes Bang
Binary Finary - 2000
Bedrock - Heaven Scent
Schiller - Das Glockenspiel
Darude - Sandstorm
DJ Tiesto - Flight 643
Baleraic Bill - Destination Sunshine
Faithless - Take the long way home
Luzon - The Bagiou Track
DJ Remy - Backstabber
Joshua Ryan - Pistolwhip
Paul van Dyk - For an Angel
William Orbit - Adagio for Strings (F.Corsten Mix)
N'Trance - Set you Free
Three Drives - Greece 2000
Da Hool - Meet her at the Love Parade
Delerium - Silence
Mauro Picotto - Like this, Like that
Faithless - Why Go?
Push - The Legacy

I can dig some shit up for you later on if interested.

Damn:eek:

Thanks, that's quite a list. Well, at least I can't honestly say I've heard any of them before, therefore I can't immdediately say they suck!:lol: I'll try and listen to some of them, but I think I'll check Armand van Helden first.