Michael Jackson's new album cost 30 million to make...my take on this crap

foxdvd

Coolest Opeth Fan
Jul 17, 2001
USA
I have never been, nor will I ever be a fan of Michael Jackson. That being said, there is no denying his influence on music and his impact in the industry. On top of that, he at one time seemed to have the pulse of what people wanted. He still makes good business decisions (like buying out the rights to many Beatles songs, for a high price people laughed at, but then turned around and made millions off those rights)

So I hear all this news about his new album due out in October. HO-HUM. I could care less, but then I read it cost 30 million dollars to make this 15 song album. Ok, I am not much into cussing, but what the fuck is that shit!? 30 million US dollars could make thousands of good albums. How in the world do you spend 30 million recording music? One million I can understand. Two million, three million? OK, I can go for that, especially when you know his album, even if it bombs, is going to still go multi platinum. 30 million though? Am I the only one who thinks this is bullshit?

So the curious person I am, I open up the old adiogalaxy and download his new single that just came out Friday. I want to hear what the first track, which is usually what they consider the most commercial track, would sound like. While I am not a fan of Jackson’s music, or just about anything R&B, I do know good music when I hear it. My taste ranges from Jazz/blues to metal. While I skip the large middle section that seems to sell millions of albums, I know a hit when I hear it.

This song is pure garbage! IT IS BAD!

Ok, has anyone ever bought one of those electronic keyboards, the ones that have like 100 sounds, and you can push a button like “Reggae” and it will play a tune that you can play along with? They usually have like 30 different background sounds you can sample, along with a demo button that can show you what can be done with the keyboard. Ok, the background music to this new song sounds like one of those. IT is that simple and stupid. 30 fucking million dollars! Give me 1 million, and I could send Michael Jackson into a room to record his music, then take out my 10 dollar electronic keyboard I still have from when I was a kid, and do the rest of the music.

Mike J's music is cool- some songs at least, though even these songs are not extraordinary.

30 mill? Can anything justify an album full of non-distinct 3-4 min songs for style of music that generally doesn't aspire to me more than background monotony?

The answer is an emphatic .....

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... alright you get the idea.

Mike J= pedophiliac psychologically F******CKED !!!! UP!!! neurotic freak!!!!

Maybe he didn't really spend 30 mil?

i dunno, i like his early stuff a lot. or atleast the ones with videos heheh...billie jean, smooth criminal, etc...

kevin

I've done some extensive experiments and research... and i've come to a startling conclusion....
Michael Jackson is an alien!!!
think about it!!

Anyone here that uses audiogalaxy.com, if you want to hear this new song it is called “Rock My World” Just type that in, and go for it. Even on my slow connection I was able to download it quickly. If you would, try it out yourself, and tell me if you agree with my thoughts about the simple background sounds on this song.

I'm not going to listen to it, but there's no reason for an album recording to cost that much. Not even 1 million...

*sigh*

Oh well. Maybe ridiculous costs like this will cause record companies to realize how economical it would be to sign some good metal bands who don't spend ridiculous amounts of money to record an album... (well, I don't know... Blind Guardian might be expensive)

The public doesn't like his new single either. There was an entire article in the L.A. times on how some of MJ's fans and radio stations are confused on why his new single is not being recieved well.

I didn't like it. It's a shame that Prince doesn't get as much credit as MJ, because he's a million times better, but what can you do? It'll sell on name status alone. Nothing will beat the early stuff, ever.

I totally agree with Foxdvd on the technology issue... man, Depeche Mode make use of all their synths and computers and stuff to make incredible music, and then you have certain people like MJ... who don't really make the structure of the song, most of the 30 mil probably went to the producers and programmers who did it all for him, you know? It sucks but hey, life ain't fair.

Well although I AM a MJ fan, I painfuly agree with all the above...

When you look at all the pre-album singles for the previous MJ albums like Scream for the album History, Black or White for the album Dangerous, and the ones for Bad and Thriller, you find them uncomparable to "You Rock My World".... :( ... These were really composite and very catch (for their genre at least)

The song is requested only by the name of MJ, and not for its quality I guess.. Although I love most of the guy's music, I am not blinded enough by him to say that the song is "dissapponting":( :(
I don't know how after 6 years he come out with this lousy excuse for a song. I just hope that the album is any better when it gets out on October, or else I would say that MJ has officially SOLD OUT...

And I wonder too how the hell would you spend 30 million recording an album... BTW, you can get the new song of you're interested at http://news.mjfc.net.ru:8101/ easier than audiogalaxy...

And for the guy who posted about that article on LA times, do you have a URL for that??