It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
tumblr_lnwgbs3vqu1qg92fxo1_500.jpg

Anybody watch this show?
In my opinion, the funniest TV show of all time.
This and Breaking Bad have been my 2 best discoveries of this year. I'm about halfway through season 5 at the moment (season 7 is airing in the US at the moment).

I strongly recommend getting on it from the start.
Season 1 and 2 can be bought for $15 at JB HIFI (total price).
It is so consistantly hilarious, and wrong at the same time.
I often have to pause it because I am laughing too hard.

There are so many classic episodes and scenes and lines.... The ep in season 3 where they form a band and write the songs "Nightman" and "Dayman" is absolutely killer!

I'm with Blitz. It was just...unfunny and mean.

Breaking Bad, on the other hand. Fuck me that's a good show. I've started watching it in the last month, so I get to do slabs of it at a time. Up to the start of Season 3. It's just relentless. I don't know how they make you sympathise with such an arsehole.

Seriously? wow....
Do you remember which episodes you watched?
I guess if you just jumped in without seeing it from the start it could seem a bit over the top.....
But it has a 9.2 rating on IMDB... which I realise isnt the be all and end all, but it generally shows if a show is consistant... especially after 7 seasons.

Have not seen a sitcom in ages that I would consider properly funny.

ASIP I thought was terrible, more so after so many people raved at me about it and Foxtel plugged the shit out of it.
Saw 15 minutes of the first ep of Community and turned it off. Thoroughly unimpressed with how annoying the characters were.

Australian sitcoms are guilty of that.
Everyone I have seen in the passed few years (especially those ones created by the Summer Heights High fuckwit) are completely abhorrent filled with disgusting and stupidly selfish characters. ABC seems to love making these as you can see with 20 Somethings and the Librarians. Both terrible fucking shows.

I caught half an ep of Always Sunny.... and thought it was...odd, same with Eastbound and Down, I should go back and try them again, but I never seem to have the time

The Inbetweeners is hilarious, and the movie is great too. Peep Show (another British one) is probably the funniest thing I've ever seen, but isn't really very new. One good discovery I made recently was Outsourced. It got axed after one season, but is a fairly original sitcom that I quite enjoyed. The only decent Aussie one of late was I Rock, which portrays and pisstakes a local music scene really well. You should all check it out.

I didnt care for this at all. Watched three or four episodes.

Discovery of the year for me has been Community. Possibly my new favourite show.

Community first season was good. 2nd went downhill. 3rd has been utterly shit and has now gone off the air.
I am very surprised at the lack of care for Sunny in Philly.
Watched another ep last night and it was gold.