It's Christmas!

Madden NFL 09 All-Play (Wii) >_>
Clothes
Wallet
Shoes
Gift cards (going to throw down for some hiking gear)

"If food is not in abundance--and sometimes even if it is--they will not hesitate to eat each other."

:ill:

I'm going to try and put them in a fish bowl to seperate them a bit when they get a bit bigger. But if they eat each other... cannibalism is pretty metal, ya know. :kickass:

So far:
Rogue Trooper and Overlord II from my brother (PC)
"I'm Huge In Japan" shirt (awesome)
Hoodie
New pajamas
A lot of books
A variety of dark chocolate stuff
A map of Montreal
A nailclipper (I get one every year)

Will be getting some more stuff later on, I think.
Okay, weird addition: $50 in cash and an issue of Mad Magazine. This was weird; I'm an adult with a full time job, making neither of those particularly suitable gifts (I don't object to the cash, but it does seem a little silly since I don't particularly need or want it)
Photoon2009-12-25at1628.jpg
AWESOME.
I hope it doesn't say "black" on the back so that only people with at least a cursory knowledge of metal will get it right away.

Not that I don't want it, but rather I have no particular desire for it other than to redeem it for good and services, and I have adequate funds to redeem for all the goods and services I need at the moment, so while more money isn't bad, I would have preferred, say, a couple CDs or whatever. Again, I have no objection, I just feel that it was a fairly thoughtless gift and when combined with the MAD issue, it's the sort of thing you'd give a 13 year old.

he's bitching about 50 dollars yet he got a fucking nailclipper for x-mas, man stfu.

I care more about giving to the less fortunate than caring what spoiled fucks got for this season. so I will not post what I got. I will say I did give a man in a wheel chair a dollar from the last 4 dollars I had for gas, went caroling at a retirement home earlier this month, and gave what I can to charities outside the wal-mart(s) and at major intersections. This type of behavior should not be limited to this usually greedy time of the year.

That $150 is kind of thoughtless don't you think? Surely you have appropriated enough funds on your own for such a paltry gift to be rather meaningless. You probably don't need it other than to redeem it for goods and services. Seems like the sort you would give a 13 year old.

What a spoiled brat.

gave what I can to charities outside the wal-mart(s) and at major intersections.
You shouldn't give directly like that. Giving is great, but do it through more legit means. That way some of it actually goes to charity rather than to the guys out there collecting.

That $50 is kind of thoughtless don't you think? Surely you have appropriated enough funds on your own for such a paltry gift to be rather meaningless. You probably don't need it other than to redeem it for goods and services. Seems like the sort you would give a 13 year old.
It's not that I don't appreciate the money, it's just that while previously (and undoubtedly again in the future) I have lacked for spending money and so the gift of cash has been/will be quite appropriate, at the moment I do have enough to buy what I want. A gift card would have been better, since it would have suggested what I should buy with it and thus shown some thought. Combined with an issue of MAD, which I haven't read since I was 13, the whole gift just feels really out of touch. The weird thing being that it was from someone who knows me pretty well. The magazine is the main thing that bothers me; the money is fine.

I got three pairs of jeans to add to my 10 pairs looks like i can put off laundry and extra three days now
You wash your jeans every time you wear them? I usually get a couple days out of them, assuming nobody spills shit on me or something.

legit? what? look giving is giving and I don't have time to be searching for charities and checking their credentials. If it's the salvation army or any other reasonable looking charity outside a store or whatever then I'll give.

For some reason I can't wear close more than once before washing them. I guess it's an OCD thing, I even wash hats (yea I think dirty) from time to time as well as shoes. If cleanliness is close to godliness call me Mr. G-O-D himself

A gift card would have been better, since it would have suggested what I should buy with it and thus shown some thought.

Consider it a gift card to where ever the fuck you want to go. Money is my favorite gift and always be and its not the thought that counts its the price tag so cherish that cash. They left it up to you to do the thinking, and when it comes to yourself I hope you know best. Oh and by the way, I'm the king a cliches.

Ah, but the money is thoughtless because I'll feel bad about spending it, whereas a gift card I could squander without remorse...

Ah, whatever. I do appreciate the feeling behind the gift as well as the gift itself.

For some reason I can't wear close more than once before washing them. I guess it's an OCD thing, I even wash hats (yea I think dirty) from time to time as well as shoes. If cleanliness is close to godliness call me Mr. G-O-D himself

I am the opposite. I wear jeans for a week at a time most of the time.

It's not about the money. I spent $10 on a present for my brother, but it was a good present picked thoughtfully and he was clearly pumped by it. On the other hand, I spent about five times as much on a present for my dad, but I can't feel good about it because it wasn't that thoughtful and I don't think he particularly liked it.