It's Hell outside!!

Man oh man, it's been in the 90s these last few days, heat index in the 100s, humid, feels like you are constantly standing behind a car exhaust blowing in you face. I need a pool. A nice cool place to swim.

I'm very bored. Don't want to leave the house until it's dark so I don't melt. hehe

I wish it would rain, that nice cool rain that you can dance around in:)

I don't know what you're all complaining about. Summer is obviously the most awesome time of year.

Super Mahrio said:
Kevin..you do not face 100 degree weather for two months straight...
No, but I've faced it over 110 for that in Phoenix, and that's the only other place aside from here that I'd live.

I don't envy you folks the humidity. It's like being covered in moist, hot cotton when it's high. On the other hand, I was down near Lake Havasu when it hit 119 on Friday. That was fun.

I can deal with superhot so long as the humidity isn't overly high. Admittedly, I don't like to play outside in that kind of heat. I used to work for Fed Ex in Phoenix, loading trucks. That job sucked in the summer.

When I was stationed at Ft. Jackson SC for basic, you wanna talk about extremely hot. Combine that with the humidity that ranged from, oh..80 to 100%.

I remember doing roving guard around the battalion one day in early July and it was 109 outside with 97% humidity. Drank 8 2-quart canteens of water and still managed to pass out from heat exhaustion and had to go to the hospital.