IT'S MIXING CONTEST TIME!! Periphery's "Scarlet" multitrack

Hola amigos!

I've made my own instrumental cover of this song, so I decided to give you all the tracks in order to make a kind of contest, just for fun. It would have these characteristics:

- WARNING! At the end of the "Guitar 02" track is a riff on the acoustic bridge on 2:75, so cut and move there!

- Drum tracks has bleed into them, so one of the things is to avoid using triggers on drums in order to treat them as "analogical" as possible and take it as a challenge. In fact, the funny thing would be to avoid any kind of samples. :devil:

- You all can use ampsims, reamps, whatever you want, with the guitars.

- It's an instrumental cover. I wanted to record vocals, but I'm struggling against vocal fold nodules and a bad healed cold right now :erk: , so, if somebody wants to record their own vocal tracks, you're absolutely free to do it.
EDIT: Vocal tracks from Lauren Babic:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ss2ytc87bwnzwhb/SCARLET+laurens+vocals.zip

- Another thing is to make a videocapture of your screen (THREAD HERE) with your mixing settings (not the mastering). It would show the configuration of the tracks. I would make another post in which I would upload all the videos (mine included [which I have already done], of course) and we could compare different techniques. But the first thing is to upload different mixes before uploading the videos. So nobody is influenced by the way of mixing of anyone.

Soooo........ Let the party begin!

http://ul.to/folder/fv718f

Another link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxG9ZX14nCmXNU90Y0VySktZN0E/edit?usp=sharing

Here it is my mix, by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the tracks Javi. If you're still looking for somewhere to upload, I use mega.co.nz for all my audio stuff. Its free and is insanely fast.

What's the prob with that? :devil:

its hilarious! literally everything is midi :lol: what did you use for drums? superior?
edit: shit :( just read your comment about the guitar riff at the end of the song
ma mix: no dram sumples

Someone want to hook me up with a different tempo map? The midi file included won't work for me.
I can usually guess tempo maps right, but it sounds like there's a bunch of 1-2 bpm changes all over.

its hilarious! literally everything is midi :lol: what did you use for drums? superior?
edit: shit :( just read your comment about the guitar riff at the end of the song
ma mix: no dram sumples

Drums: Superior 2.0
Bass: Spectrasonics Trilian
Guitars: Shreddage 2 + Prominy V-Metal

Why do the guitar DIs sound so odd?

That's because, for example, Guitar 01 DIs sounded very very weak (palm mutes sounded ridiculously low), so I had to put a compressor cranking all the fucking way up in order to make it sound more heavy. My bad.

Someone want to hook me up with a different tempo map? The midi file included won't work for me.
I can usually guess tempo maps right, but it sounds like there's a bunch of 1-2 bpm changes all over.

That's true. There is 1-2 bmp changes.