IT'S MIXING CONTEST TIME!! Periphery's "Scarlet" multitrack

Fkn bleeding...

With additional samples (NirZ Snare, GWPI Toms):

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still trying to figure out what drum library in Superior you used Javi. Love the raw drumstems and want to buy that.

Just saw this now...

Yeah, most of the newer guys who don't know Javi could be surprised about his guitars :lol:
Fwiw, those midi guitars of yours got closer from year to year...really keen on how long it will take to get them 100% convincing sounding...same for drums and bass too!

Nothing against a little challange of not using samples and dealing with bleed the old fashioned way, but I think it's kind of hilarious to ask that in a thread with zero played/recorded instruments :lol:

Cool cover non the less man! :headbang:
Might be the first periphery song I really dig.

The snare sucks i know. Btw how do you like it ? :)

Hello! Here's my mix from this great tune! Without the vocals I wouldn't have bothered :) Near the end of the mix I added a snare sample to the mix since I just couldn't get the original sound as snappy as wanted; no matter how I compressed or EQ'ed it, it would always sound little woolly. I was sort of aiming for the Brand New Eyes era Paramore sound (little bit more rock than metal).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75970009/Scarlet_SpedeMix2.m4a

I'm too lazy to do a full tutorial so here's simply a screenshot from the edit window which showcases all my volume rides (but you don't see the send rides I've done). The tracks with some riding have been magnified for the screenshot. This track had surprisingly little riding (basically no drum rides at all), I usually do a lot more. It also shows in which order I lay my tracks. Two tracks from the top that are missing are drum reverb returns.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75970009/Scarlet SpedeMix volume rides.png

Here is my try for the contest.
I record the voice of a friend of mine, Samara:

I can't manage to export the video of the video tutorial i made, the webcam of my MBP record at 15fps and the audio that use over doesn't match the video
How can i record directly the sound from PT directly into Quicktime, or Camtasia.