It's official - MATT BARLOW REJOINS ICED EARTH!

1) I admit to being REALLY curious to hear Barlow in Pyramaze, even though I could never imagine him singing songs from the first two albums. Still . . .

2) GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!! I like Ripper, and Gettysburg is one of the finest pieces of music I've heard, but Barlow makes Iced Earth unique. I'm looking forward to hearing him sing 'Dracula' live at PP X!

Steve in Philly

I don't know if this is great news or not. I have always loved Matt's vocals in IE. And I wasn't that fond of Tim's -- until Framing Armageddon. With that album, I thought Jon and friends were firing on all cylinders. It was as near a perfect metal album as I've ever heard.

Iced Earth has earned the reputation for being a revolving door. And this latest announcement doesn't dispel those accusations. I would have loved to have heard Part Two of Framing with the current line-up relatively intact.

That said, I am eager to hear Matt's vocals again accompanying Jon's guitar riffs. Maybe constant change is Jon's magic catalyst. Or maybe IE is great in spite of it. Who knows?

Matt back in Iced Earth. Whodathunkit?

Welcome back, Matt!

Well, did you think that Schaffer would choose Owens over his own Brother-in-law? That is a quick way to have family disharmony, you know. That said, you have just met your headliner because I have a feeling a certain Hawaiian-shirt wearing Tennessean helped this along.

Fastest sellout in history. Probably 20 mins.

Is this really good news? I guess for Matt Barlow fans (which I am one). But for Iced Earth? How active will Matt be? How long till he wants the stability, less pressure for tours/festivals, more time with family, etc?

I have to believe that Pyramaze is now looking for a new vocalist. Bad news for them.

Tim Owens is a great singer and I do feel bad for him. He gave Iced Earth stability, and apparently great live shows.

Let 20something year old fanboys around the world rejoice!

:bah: Hey! this fanboy is 41. :Smug: :p

and I am proud to say I've been a fan of this band since Century Media release number one in 1991. The first time I heard that debut album I was telling people that if they could find a decent singer they could be as big as Metallica! (please remember that this was 1991 and I had no idea Metallica would become the sellouts they have). Anyway, it took two more albums, but when I heard Matt Barlow's vocals on Burnt Offerings (my favorite IE cd to date), I knew Jon had made the right choice at long last.

And there's been trials and tribulations since that time, but today I couldn't be happier. :kickass:

oh, and straight from the Official Pyramaze MySpace site...

Matt is still in Pyramaze

Matt is still in the band guys, so don't worry about that. He will issue a press statement regarding this soon. Stay tuned!

:headbang:

oh, and straight from the Official Pyramaze MySpace site...

Matt is still in Pyramaze

Matt is still in the band guys, so don't worry about that. He will issue a press statement regarding this soon. Stay tuned!

:headbang:

you beat me to it, i was just about to post this... this is very, hmm, interesting *strokes beard*

Jon does come across as a bit of an ass in that.
"I would like to announce Matt's return because the fans wanted it and that means more sales for me.

Oh, and by the way, I wish Tim luck in future endeavors."

75% of the way through, I thought he was going to have both guys but it ends up Tim is nothing but an afterthought and gets a WWE type farewell.

I love Barlow and this news is outstanding. I was also a huge Ripper fan back in the Priest days (yes i prefer Halford but Ripper was great), but i never saw him fitting in IE. This is great news but I am slightly confused of what will happen to Ripper and Pyramaze. Will Barlow try and balance both? I truly doubt it. I think both Ripper and Pyramaze got the short ends of the stick. when Pyramaze announced Barlow as the new singer all i could think is that Ripper and Barlow needed to switch. If anyone finds out what happens to either of the two parties please share. Best of luck to all in this dealing...
AND FINALLY, BARLOW IS BACK!:kickass: