It's time to confess

scorpio01169

Aug 6, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
Ok guys, a lot of us talk shit about behringer gear but some of us for the most part depend on it. So fess up and post pics of your behringer gear. Or even better yet any piece of cheap ass budget gear you have. And explain how valuable it is to you.

The only piece of Behringer gear I own is a 4x12 cab. Luckily, it's one of the old ones with Jensen speakers instead of the newer ones with the own inbred Bugeras. That really makes a day/night difference. Haven't used it in several months though, 'cause my Celestion-loaded Crate has smoother mids. But if I'm going for a more "modern" sound again, this is my cab to go.

I have this crappy $89 Microphone that I got for about $70 new. I think it's called a Shure SM57 Microphone.:puke: Unfortunately I'm forced to use it daily. :danceboy:

i have a beringer dynamic microphone that i use occasionally in a crunch. but i usually reamp using a 57 or 609 anyways, thats just my way of tricking guitarist into thinking their line 6 spider is on the recording lol
i also feel guilty using my pod 2.0 on occasion

8-channel headphone amp. Probably the only behringer thing i'll use. I don't think I'll ever use something in a signal chain, unless reamping and wanting to completely go for a dirty/trash sound

I am a poor student, so I pretty much use shitty gear for everything :D I have a crappy peavey Milestone Bass that cost me like £50, I mixed stuff on a pair of Behringer cans for a few months, I have a really cheap Behringer mini headphone amp, a Behringer tube compressor that I use every time I track bass/drums/vocals/acoustic guitar, and a Behringer patch bay. I also used a whole load of cheap-ass mics that I got for £1 each as drum triggers for one project I did haha... I woud post pics but I don't have a camera... But I use all my crappy gear quite a lot, and having had most of it for just over a year or so I haven't experienced any problems with any of it... :p

how does the headphone amp sound at loud volumes when using multiple outputs??? ive been considering picking up this badboy:heh:
It's noisy as all hell, and the closer you get to the transformer on the unit, the more noise you have per channel. Channel 8 has hiss no matter what. Also, the thing has very little headroom and clips pretty easily. But then again, it's cheap, and a great way to have the whole band in cans. I usually monitor direct from the interface anyways so the band only has to deal with the hiss.

It's noisy as all hell, and the closer you get to the transformer on the unit, the more noise you have per channel. Channel 8 has hiss no matter what. Also, the thing has very little headroom and clips pretty easily. But then again, it's cheap, and a great way to have the whole band in cans. I usually monitor direct from the interface anyways so the band only has to deal with the hiss.
thanks for convincing me not to get it :heh: it seems like it would do the trick but it won`t improve upon the crappy art headphone amp i already deal with. i should have mentioned that in this thread!!!!

Not to derail, but if you are looking for a HQ headphone amp, check out the Aphex Headpod. Really clean, and with TONS of headroom. 4 channels - it's a little more pricey, but much higher quality.

Cable tester here. Very useful actually. I also have a V-amp which is collecting dust somewhere.

I've been Behringer-free for 3 or 4 months now. Before that I had a DI, a mic pre, a stomp eq and a small combo.