It's time to confess

My fcb1010 really kick major ass, i´ve heard a lot of good things with behringer gear on recordings, and seen big bands and big studios using B stuff (like Dark Tranquillity), i think some of their stuff is really usefull, specially to people on a budget, and sometimes there are big brand gear that sounds like shit compared to behringer, i friend of mine have a ultrabass combo that really shines, and if you talk about reliability, this amp has about 4 or 5 years old without any issue, we used it in a lot of gigs and is still like new.

I have four Behringer product atm. XENYX 1002 mixer, BT2000 racktuner, DI-20 two channel di-box and T1952 tube composer.

I have my web-computer output, DVD-player and Playstation 3 connected to the XENYX 1002 quick adjustment on the levels, connected to my amplifier. Never heard any extra hiss even all gains at max. DI-20 is a backup DI on my microphone-case, its seems I have a good unit as I haven't ever heard any significant extra noise with putting it to synth. BT2000 doesn't get in the signal chain, so it does the job. T1952 compressor in my live rack for over a year, now I've replaced it with 7kg lighter and one rackspace smaller dbx 166XL. I really recommend it on drums, the extra tubesaturation is nice. I had HA400 headphone amplifier so we could split the audio signal from PS2 so two people could play Guitar Hero 2 at Finnish Metal Expo :) It was noisy as hell, so I sold it away, but it did the job there pretty well

I am considering to fix the noisy as hell fan on the music computer (or get a laptop...), sell my current amplifier and passive speakers, and get the TRUTH 2030A and redo the wiring because I've been really lazy for the past years, still havent setup the music computer properly, its been collecting dust for the past two years :err:

My experience with Behringer is that when they work, they sound pretty good for the money.
That being said, I have a DI from them that's noisy as all fucking hell next to the computer, but if I have the guy
track in the room across the house, the noise isn't that bad....:yuk:

My experience with Behringer is that when they work, they sound pretty good for the money.

Same here - I heard a band a few weeks ago at a bar in my college town, and was plenty sober enough to tell that whatever Behringer head the bassist was using sounded really fucking good. Yes, tone is in the fingers, yes it was a nice bass, and yes, I'm nowhere near as discerning with bass tones as I am with guitar tones. But still - really fucking good sounding head. Just the reliability is what frightens me...

I don't own any Behringer gear, amazingly. I'm not even that opposed to the idea, some of their stuff is OK.

How are their mixers? I may consider getting one for BACKMASK to use live for our in-ear-monitor mix only. I may go with Behringer or Yamaha, but the Yamaha is more expensive.

Many people say the simple mixers are the most-decent value for money things Behringer builts, yet other people say they're absolute abominations because of crappy (aka noisy) mic-pre's. I think the truth is somewhere in between... good enough for what you want to do with it in my book.

i friend of mine have an eurodesk by behringer, i dont know if he knows it very well or what, but he make it sound amazing for live situations, and again, he has about 6 year with it, no noisy knobs, no dead chanels, all inputs are working Etc.

I have this one:
UB-1002_top-ad90e4ce13e3874213fe769079c63550.jpg

I have nothing to complain about it. Cheap, enough channels, phantom power, pan and level knobs works well. I don´t use the EQ, and the mic pre just makes the mic louder. Worked great when I used it with Roland V-Drums, Sansamp BDDI, Shure SM58 and Line6 PODxt. Like many Behringer products, it doesn´t have power on/off switch... I hate these fuckers that do things without power switch. As if women and children were not enough.

The rehearsal studio I use has about a dozen Behringer bass amps, simply because they can take a pounding and still put out a reasonable sound.

Personally, I bought the EQ700 pedal for £3 about a week ago. The battery clip doesn't work, the sliders are all wobbly (and there's no notched centres, so you can't tell when they're zero'd), and I'm not sure I'd EVER want to turn it on with my foot - but it does it's job. It's a noisy cunt though.

As for other cheap gear - I've got a 'Pro Sound YU-37' mic that I picked up for £9 a few years ago just to record riffs and demos (before I started recording properly). I've now got a couple of 57s and an e609, but I still use that cheap bastard on every recording and it just adds something the others don't have. It sells for about £12 now, so clearly it was a great purchase ;)

Steve