ITT we post funny pictures...

Consoles are on longer cycles than phones. There is fragmentation to consider which console makers will always avoid. Not to mention the fact that they aren't subsidized nor are they sold on a contract basis, so you don't have tons of customers constantly coming off contract anxious to get the latest and greatest. There was a Nintendo v2, v3... they were known as the Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64 and so on, but they came out several years apart, of course. XB360 is going on 7 years now, etc. But that works for consoles. Something new coming out every 3 months or so works for phones and how they are done with carriers.

Don't care, the ipad 3 changed my daily life recently. I have dozens, if not a hundred, of pro manuals and memos to take into account and for some of them know almost by heart (I'm talking thousands of pages, litteraly), and having them into pdf, and the ability to read them so smoothly, edit, underline text, synchronize files with my computer through dropbox, scan my daily documentation, and it all fits in the corner of my flightbag, with a 10h battery. The android tablets I have tried sucked balls in comparison (some of them are actually sluggish in demo/factory condition in the store so I can't imagine once loaded with files), and I don't care you can use bluetooth with them. Some were decent but for their price I'd rather have an ipad !

Also, I don't see why you people complain about new products, if you are happy with your phone then good ! But I have bought my first tablet, so I am happy it is an ipad 3 and not still the first one. I think if you buy an ipad for the sake of it, you will absolutely find it useless and that's how I felt about them until I found a tremendous interest in it.

391746_10151111043381344_911055549_n.jpghttp:

I know consoles and tons of other things have a longer life cycle... what Im saying is, I dont know what a phone or tablet thats 6 months newer does dramatically better than the previous one. Just a lot of marketing and a lot of people kind of buying into it is what it is.

I know consoles and tons of other things have a longer life cycle... what Im saying is, I dont know what a phone or tablet thats 6 months newer does dramatically better than the previous one. Just a lot of marketing and a lot of people kind of buying into it is what it is.

That's exactly right, there is nothing dramatically better about them. Just fulfilling the demand of new customers and customers coming off their 2-year agreement with the newest shit they can crank out as quickly as possible. Even though I use Android I do hate how my top of the line Android phone will be "old news" not even 3-5 months later because of the "new" version coming out already with slightly better specs. Shit is dumb.