official kemonomimi and furry and cosplay thread

the DFW metroplex actually has a ton of conventions
and some of them have people from all over the country come to them

I go to conventions. But only the ones that come up in Chattanooga
do you dress up at the cons??
i've done the punisher and Link from Zelda
i just don't do characters that wear masks
the masks just make me get claustrophobic

I eventually want to go to Dragoncon one year. Its held up in Atlanta and its a pretty big one.
i don't travel to go to cons
because the metroplex has a ton of them
the building where they do Animefest is a building i walk past every day anyway

Yeah most likely

Uhhhh I do sometimes but nothing really extravagant. I went as a character from the game OFF one year (mostly because its very simple) I want to do better displays eventually.

A-Kon had 34,684 people attend last year
no way a con in Chattanooga is gonna have that many people

i've done the old-school Punisher with the white boots, white gloves and the white belt that looks like batman's utility belt
i've had really spectacularly-done Link from Zelda costumes done, i just really can't do any kind of mask, it just makes my face feel claustrophobic

@HadesRagnazrath @Terasophe @jimmy101 @Bloopy
any of you guys ever go to cosplay events??
No, so tagging me in this thread once was enough. I'd have no idea who most of the people are dressed up as anyway. Even bands giving their gigs a costume theme irritates me despite Halloween etc. requiring little to no effort. In 15 years of going to live shows I was only compelled to dress up twice for Halloween.

No, so tagging me in this thread once was enough. I'd have no idea who most of the people are dressed up as anyway. Even bands giving their gigs a costume theme irritates me despite Halloween etc. requiring little to no effort. In 15 years of going to live shows I was only compelled to dress up twice for Halloween.
it kinda sounds like you're saying you went to concerts on Halloween for 15 Halloweens in a row
which sounds awesome

it kinda sounds like you're saying you went to concerts on Halloween for 15 Halloweens in a row
which sounds awesome
Well I went to shows on/near Halloween most years, but almost none of them were actually Halloween themed. I may have even deliberately avoided a few of those. I went to a Satanfest metal gig in 2009 and the stage was decorated with bones, but that's about it. The 4th Monday in October is a holiday here so I went to at least one punk festival that took advantage of that.