The GMD Social Hobby Thread

Out of curiousity, which one?

Roll for the Galaxy and Race for the Galaxy. I like both but Race seems to flow a little better for us (having played a lot of MtG a long time ago) yet offer more lategame complexity. Roll seems a little better for non-gamers I'd say.

Reactions: Dak
Roll for the Galaxy and Race for the Galaxy. I like both but Race seems to flow a little better for us (having played a lot of MtG a long time ago) yet offer more lategame complexity. Roll seems a little better for non-gamers I'd say.

I like Roll better but it has a cheating potential that Race doesn't have. I just like dice for no damn reason.

Got some new rantulas, C. Marshalli and P. Regalis. The former has a horn, and the regalis has a bite that could send you to the hospital. Really wild stuff, our first 'old world' additions. In the hobby new world spiders tend to flick hair as their go to defense whereas old world spiders are more likely to jump right into biting you, more aggressive overall. And generally more brightly patterned.

The second is a stock photo of a regalis because it's not in permanent enclosure yet and I don't feel comfortable keeping it's lid off long enough for a picture.

j6qnzqu.jpg

4b2c51f6d7c86ed07255f5670ca15620.jpg

Last edited:
I also got a fluffy bunny a month or two ago, I will post her now to provide relief to any resident arachnophobes:

IMG_20180106_141101.jpg

Here's adult coloration of that bottom one (chromatopelma cyaneopubescens). It's wild how much they change after a few molts.

Green-bottle-blue-2-1024x683.jpg

Reactions: MetalAges
Maybe if they were communal tarantulas who hunted in packs. She's at least five times the size of the biggest. But they're not.

Reactions: Dak
IDK I tried to appreciate your cute little joke but it was so poorly thought out I couldn't.

Mountain biking - my riding partner has been injured all summer so I've been alone. But once he's back were going to hit St Louis and Peoria

Shooting - with the price of ammo and the lack of outdoor spots to shoot I haven't shot as much as I would like. But I fucking love it.

Guitar - I'm in my buddies punk band right now. Been looking for metal players for years. Lots of no talent fucks in this town.

Comics - I've stopped buying comics and moved onto just buying trades. I'm actually selling my old comics so I can get a new bike.

D&D - no idea how I forgot dnd. I love It and have been playing for years. About to run an evil drow campaign for my brother and a friend. Will fit right into my own world. So much fun making history up and all that shit.

My old riding buddy quit mountain biking.
I started a Facebook in 2014 and it has over 400 members.
The scene here in Springfield is awesome now.
Our trails have never been better.
Met some cool dudes all about riding.
We've made t-shirts and I even got a fucking tattoo of the logo my wife made.
Probably my #1 hobbie/passion
Now I need a gravel bike for when the trails are nasty.

Wish I shot more. Luckily a friend's dad bought a house outside Springfield. Totally going to shoot out there once I warms up a bit. Stoked!

Guitar. Totally over it. So done with music thanks to this town.

Not big on comics like I was. Although I just read that new Vader trade. Was good.

D&D. We play online and it's great. All the time!
Friends in South Carolina, Texas, Chicago. Awesome being able to see and talk to these guys.

Reactions: MetalAges and Dak
Yeah, so about communal tarantulas... I got some lol. N. Incei, one of very few species it can be done with.

Pretty cool watching them interact, they generally share food and hang together, except for this jerk.

Last edited:
Building a zoo. I grew up with a lot of animals, now that I have the money as an adult I'm getting back into it. Spiders don't take up much space.