The GMD Social Hobby Thread

Yeah I thought that myself, so I'm going to make sure to make them distinct. I grabbed some stormwolf models specifically so I could try out some ideas on bigger, easier-to-paint models. I'm probably rusty as fuck.

Played my first pickup game of 40k in forever, teams. We were getting straight mauled by Tyranids but won on tactical objectives 6-3.

Sure, I am not arguing against frivolity. Just make sure to do it with your own money.

Speaking of frivolity, hows your 40k habit coming? My Dark Angels been owning lately (2k list). Running a venerable dreadnought/Azrael bubble with supporting apothecary, techmarine, primaris lieutenant, Ezekiel, 2 basic librarians, a Dark Shroud, and a Knight Crusader with thermal cannon. Bubble so far has been ridiculous, with the Dark Shroud mowing down cheap infantry and the knight being a nice mobile heavy killer/ objective taker. With Azrael's invuln/hit reroll bubble, the Primaris LT 1 wound reroll, and techmarine heals, the venerable dreads 2WS/BS, 7T, 8W statline has been fuckin amazing. With the new target char rules, as long as the dreads stay in a triangle pattern, only snipers can target the support chars, so dreads are getting wounded on 4/5/6 and worst case scenario have a 4+ save. It's redunk.

Reactions: CiG
My army project is on hold right now, I've had to spend a lot of money on real life vanilla adulthood bullshit.

I'm really feeling it too. :lol:

So you've been gaming a lot? I didn't think you had much of a healthy local gaming community.

So, I've had the time and energy to do some modelling lately and finally finished a house I've been working on and off on for some time. It's a station house from a swedish narrow gauge railway from ca 1910. It's made from laserboard, cardboard and transparency sheets. The roof is made of pre made boards that are cut to the right sizes. It's made using a homemade/fanmade model kit that is complemented with scratch built parts. Everything's hand painted. I may add drainage spouts and som timetables or poster-ads later on of I can be bothered. :)

20401321_10154839316091814_857738633_n.jpg 20464344_10154839312356814_924721166_n.jpg
And here is a historic picture of the original house for reference. :)
001185.jpg

Last edited:
Dioramas has been on my to do list a long time, not necessarily with actual trains but H0-scale atleast. Not sure why I haven't done them yet really.

Now I got fired up! My next project is going to be a small station kiosk I think so maybe i'll do a small mini diorama with it :)

Reactions: Dak
l0ePJqZ.jpg

Reactions: Vilden and CiG
Participated in my first tournament. Went 2-1 but came in somewhere between the 50th-60th percentile on points. Forgot to use a lot of shit in the beginning of my first game or might have improved my points standing if not my win/loss standing. Still not bad for my first tourney and with barely playing the new edition. My one loss was a against someone who A. Obviously played a ton, since he didn't really need to ask about what any of my units were/did B. Got every damn dice roll he needed, including seizing initiative.

Reactions: CiG

More leaks have me pretty excited. I don't know if they got a "massive" boost, but the plasma boost makes Black Knights and Hellblasters pretty key. Also giving an option to essentially run Sableclaw as well as Sammael on Corvus is sweet. Really key to get access to the Stalker; DA have been lacking AA options. Some people are pretty excited about access to Cataphractii and Tartaros termie options but I'm not one of them. I don't find the aesthetics of either particularly better, and Cataphractii are a downgrade in survivability, which are already an issue for the points heavy elites. Deathwing Knights were already solid and get a boost similar to what they used to have by default in 7th via a command point spent. I feel like, without having played the new codex, a DW Knight & Dreadnought/ RW force with Hellblasters and psykers on the side are going to be a dominant build from this codex.