Ive been a vegetarian for 4 days now

Strangelight said:
Too much red meat and too much processed meat

Is a dirty big fry considered processed meat? cos i just had one to kick off hangover sunday. Hangovers suck these days , im gonna live a clean and healthy life from now on. :saint:

Yeah, why is that? It doesn't seem fair, hangovers these days are much worse, from drinking less, or is it just "nostalgia"? Puts you off though, I'm on the budget orange juice now

You need to keep drinking for a few days and gradually wind down to 6 pints on your last day, followed by a dirty big dinner box. Thus missing out on the hangover, replacing it with 2 or 3 days of hollowness and guilt.

Seriously though, I think humans are equipped as scavangers, using whatever means necessary for survival. But when was the last time you were stuck in the wilderness, setting traps for animals so you could sustain yourself for an extra day or two without having to eat fucking grubs and that, with any grocery stores at least 30 minutes away?

We don't need it, and there's no point in it. People eat meat because they think it "tastes good", just like junkies like the smack because it makes them feel good.

Buying a hamburger at the local McDonalds is hardly establishing your role as the predator.

high_horse.jpg

Ol' Dirty Bastard said:
How whenever somebody thinks outside that stupid box, all the people still living by habit and convention call out heretic, while taking an apparent pride in their own complacency.
True. You just need to mention that you don't eat meat, and people who do will feel offended - for whatever reason. Some of them will even blame you for eating vegetables because "...they are live, sensitive creatures as well". :Smug:
And then they'll ask you whether you take any supplements because it seems impossible that you don't suffer from any deficiency symptoms.
Strange how some people feel the need to defend themselves and their way of living without ever having been attacked. :err:

It's like that with some of my friends. I NEVER bring these things up in conversation, but they'll ALWAYS offer the argument, then get pissed off at my retort. I don't mind being asked questions or anything (except really stupid shit like, "Would you kiss a girl if she ate meat?". I don't care what I have to do, as long as I get to put it in before I drink myself into a fucking stupor!), but it usually begins with them waving a piece of meat in my face and going, "Mmm... steak..", like I'm going to snatch it off their fork and revert. What the fuck?

I don't even bother mentioning it at all during conversation with strangers. It's completely self-defeating, and every other vegetarian I know does the same.

I'm not out to change the world, as I had enough difficulty in changing myself.