suggest a snack for me

shrimp
------------------------
caviar (of anyfish will do)
------------------------
Quarter inch slice of cucumber

Repeat.

Or if you really need vegetarian, I would buy a can of ground chick peas and dip whatever you like in it, bread, veggies ...

foccacia + brie sandwich sounds great but i don't imagine it can beat white bread+american cheese just in terms of "grilled cheese sandwich" superlatives.

i like vegan stuffed grape leaves (not so much the ones with cheese or meat in them), but it's weird, they sometimes make my teeth hurt when i bite them? like i bit tinfoil?

no thanks on the caviar/shrimp right now. but hummus is a definite option. a plate of cucumber, cheese, bread, hummus, maybe some avocado and tomato?

That's because it is done by crappy wine leaf makers. Seriously it should be very soft and tender. My friend's mother makes the most incredible wine leaves of the meat kind and gave us a class of how to make them, you have to discard almost half of the leaves you buy if you want to make them right.

You need:

As much yogurt as you want, whole yogurt preferably because otherwise you won't have much final product.
About a tea spoon worth of salt for every cup and a half of yogurt.

Mix the two welll.

Pour into cheesecloth, or a clean dishrag will do. Suspend over bowl or sink for 5 to 8 hours or until you have a somewhat firm but still creamy texture, will look like spreadable cream cheese.

Voilà, Now you can eat that with just about anything, fish, vegetables, sandwiches you name it. Nice little recipe: Pita bread, labneh spread in ample quantity and any type of marinated olives, roll up and eat.

oops, I thought you were talking about the labneh.

I don't remember the recipe by heart, I will have to look it up. Actually it is more about technique than ingredients from what I understand and ate.

the winner: plate of avocado and smoked cheddar slices, salad of red cabbage and cauliflower with cider vinegar/EVOO and dill dressing, and salted edamame.

i was too lazy to stop at whole foods and just made what i had sitting round the house.

i dunno, grilled cheese is one of those very few things i like simple. white bread, american cheese (land o lakes deli, none of those individual slices), butter or margarine on the bread, fry.

to the point that i haven't made it in two years because i never buy white bread or american cheese. sad.