I've finally found the sweet spot micing my 5150.

Thanks for the settings!

Have you tried creating an impulse?
If you don't know how to do it you could record the miced cab and at the same time record the preamp out so you've got two clips playing the exact same thing. If you'd send those two clips to me I could make an impulse out of that.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the settings!

Have you tried creating an impulse?
If you don't know how to do it you could record the miced cab and at the same time record the preamp out so you've got two clips playing the exact same thing. If you'd send those two clips to me I could make an impulse out of that.

Thanks again!

Hey man,

No sorry I haven't created the impulse yet. I'll try to record something else and send you the files though. I've just been busy at work lately.

You want unprocessed files right? They might have quite boomy low end due to my untreated room.

-Joe

Dont feel sorry about that, there's no hurry. But yeah, unprocessed files is the kind of files I want.
I really appreciate you doing this! And I really feel that I should get me a decent cab very soon.

Cheers!

Not bad..... try taking your post down a notch or two. Your mids are sounding a little "strained" if you will.

Thanks for listening Oz. I've been experimenting with mids too. It's funny how much of a significant jump they make when they are set around 3 or so. I'm gonna bump them down to 2.5 and try again.

I'll also try lowering the post.

Thanks!

-Joe