Jace Mareel

Dead Winter

STAHP
Apr 30, 2002
Italy/US
Did you ever get sick of having to explain why you listen to heavy metal to your friends, or is it just where I'm from in the south?

I grew up on a ranch as well, did the rodeo thing for several years, but was always a metalhead. I always remember pulling up to a rodeo in a four door dually with a gooseneck behind me blasting Master of Puppets when I was like 16. I got the strangest stares and all my friends would rag on me but I couldn't explain it. I thought I was a freak until I saw yer caption and stuff.

Do you think there are more organisms like us out there?

WE MUST FIND OUR KIN!!!!!! :lol:

Haha, another thread title that fails to spell M-E-R-E-E-L correctly.

An' o mi gdz so funee i 1st red tht as "orgasm" lollercaust

On another note, it's a good thing I don't just listen to and play metal. Otherwise, I'd be ostracized by so many others in this area (probably deservedly, as well).

What south, she is from MD!!!!!

*cough*

Mason-dixon-line.gif

*cough*

Ladies & Gentleman, I consider myself from the south. My next door neighbors had a farm while I was growing up and I have bailed hay, milked cows, killed a snake, rode a horse, etc... and Iann's great uncle has a farm and keep's Iann's horse there and I've helped him cut/strip/plant tobacco, groom, feed, and put the saddle on "Pete" the horse. Ledmag and I talked about this because where he is from people tend to be very racist and prejudiced moreso than where I live. I never really had to justify my taste in music, but I would get wierd looks and an old man accused me of shoplifting when I was 16 and had long hair. And to his surprise, the dept. store found nothing on me. Ledmag said he would get smartass comments because he had both ears peirced and said older men would say stuff like, "You sure look pretty boy with them earings/queerrings." On a related note, a good friend of mine is in a band called War Within in Nashville, Tennesse (country music capital of the world) and he has let me meet alot of "Metal" bands/people/etc... Believe it or not, the "Metal" scene is pretty big there.

If people see you wearing Iced Earth shirts, even if they don't know exactly what they sound like, it shouldn't be too surprising to find out that you like metal.