Jackson Guitars

Donkey Fly

Loves The Cookie!
Dec 22, 2007
UK
www.myspace.com
I recently bought a Jackson guitar (the DK2M) after i feel in love with last year - literally a couple of weeks after i bought my Ibanez DT-200 Destroyer.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on Jackson guitars.

If you own any post pics up! :headbang:

Here's mine. :worship:

jacksonjy5.jpg

Have two japan charvels - Model 6 (basicaly soloist) and Fusion Plus. Good guitars. But I did not like recessed tremolos on modern ones.
Bought Caparison TAT instead which is somewhat like alder Jackson Soloist. But I`m thinking that modern japan jacksons (like DK2) are inferior
to local japan models (Jackson Stars).
http://malefice.fatal.ru/files/Caparison/MyGuitars.htm

My thoughts on Jacksons are simple: Over the years I have sold all my other electrics. But I have never sold a Jackson! :headbang:

My family:
l_e8666e71c26131b65f9d83e6e8ea0882.jpg

JacksonStars siblings! Always a hassle to get ahold of, but worth all of it and more! Hooray for 24fret RRs!
l_b467ac6c277f782d5ab8964a631e58cf.jpg

Big Jackson fan here. No pics handy, but my number 1 guitar is a USA SL2H in transparent black. I had stainless steel frets added a couple years ago and I've never felt a better guitar.

My KE3

6y0jj9c.jpg

Needs new strings BAD. Also, I think the switch is going bad or something. I'll probably have it wired so that only the bridge pickup is connected. Bridge pup is a Duncan distortion or something, I'm not sure but it sounds great. Has an IBANEZ Edge (pro? lo pro? I'm not sure..) trem.

If guitar has tilt neck then it must have nonrecessed floyd... I suppose.
I love jacksons, but only older ones and for new guitar I will go to Caparison, the only thing that bothers me is neck width -
I prefer Jackson width (1 11/16") to Caparison (1 5/8") if I can afford custom shop Jackson... but here, in Russia, it is madness because of very creedy dealers.
Not all russians pumping oil and gas from the backyard :)

My good old Jackson, my daily guitar through the last 10 years.
I love them because they are easy to play for precission riffs ala Annihilator. I also have a cheap Ibanez and a new Washburn Les Paul-like but not so comfortable to play as Jackson. My next 50 guitars will be Jackson.

duo_2001.jpg
jevo_bilborock_2001.jpg

theimage_2005.jpg
studio_01.jpg

I've been spoiled by my Jackson/Charvel's from the get-go. Nothing else feels like "home" to me. I've had a few Soloists and a DR but am down to my two faves that I'll never let go of: my 1989 Archtop Soloist and my 1991 550XL. I also have a Jackson strat that is my studio clean machine.
Electrics.jpg