Jackson Guitars

Does anyone have any experience with the newer "X" series? I was thinking of getting one of these for having one guitar in standard tuning, KVXMG:
DV019_Jpg_Regular_H76630.002_snow_white.jpg

Yep, they are awesome for that price.

There was no fretboard and neck binding on the student models.

true, but since the fretboard isn't on there anymore on those pics you can't see if it had a binding?
Well, the headstock I guess, yes.
It was custom made though (like all San Dimas)...OFR, Kahler Nut, J50BC with JE-1000....

if it was a Custom model with ebony freatbord and binding, you wouldn't replace that fretboard :D

well, I actually love the look of "no inlay" fretboards, so I might still have done it ;)

Always loved the Jacksons, always felt balanced and just right. I owned a KE 3 and was pleased as punch with it even though it was only a 6 string. Always wanted a KE 1 but they are really hard to find. The base models in any Jacksons have always been poor, but from the 3 up, it was another world in feel and playability. That Def Leppard guitarist, Phil someone, that model looks like it would be a dream to play.
I must say though, BC Rich really disappointed me over the last decade, but I am the proud owner of a Bernie Rico Jr custom Vixen 7 and could not be happier. Plays like a PRS which I love. May have to look a bit harder for a KE 1 me thinks.

Good catch Jon!!! Love cheap guitars and even better when it's like your Charvel!

Good catch Jon!!! Love cheap guitars and even better when it's like your Charvel!

It's the same construction as a model 6 (poplar, maple neck thru, rw board) but one pu and no sharkfins.

I prefer the kv2 but fuck, I got a deal. Some 17yr old kid didn't know what he had.