Jackson Guitars

I've been spoiled by my Jackson/Charvel's from the get-go. Nothing else feels like "home" to me. I've had a few Soloists and a DR but am down to my two faves that I'll never let go of: my 1989 Archtop Soloist and my 1991 550XL. I also have a Jackson strat that is my studio clean machine.
Electrics.jpg
That 1991 550XL reminds me my charvel fusion plus - because of scaloped low horn. Maybe it is some kind of fusion?

Here's a picture of my SL2H on the left, along with some other junk.
AMPS-1.jpg

Metalhead,

What do you think about the SLSMG Soloist? I've had one for a couple of years now...it's probably the lightest guitar i've ever owned. I love the neck, but sometimes recording rhythms I can't get as much body out of my tone compared to guitars I have with a heavier body.

P.S. I got three jacksons...love em all.

Metalhead,

What do you think about the SLSMG Soloist? I've had one for a couple of years now...it's probably the lightest guitar i've ever owned. I love the neck, but sometimes recording rhythms I can't get as much body out of my tone compared to guitars I have with a heavier body.

P.S. I got three jacksons...love em all.

Funny you should ask.
I recently sold it because it didn't have as full of a tone or as much definition as my other guitars. :)
I gigged with that thing for years (when I was lugging around like 5 guitars). It was great on stage being so light, and it sounded good live after I put the Seymour Duncan in it (I didn't like the EMG passives), but now that I pretty much just do home recording and solo projects it didn't contribute anything to my capabilities.

These days I've only got the SL2H and an old Charvel Model 1 that is in excellent condition. I've been looking for a good reason to buy another Jackson but I just don't need one. Maybe one of those Sweetone models one of these days!

Like this one!
JacksonSweetToneBentModMed.jpg

That 1991 550XL reminds me my charvel fusion plus - because of scalloped low horn. Maybe it is some kind of fusion?

Actually the Fusions were 24 3/4" scale while the 550XL were 25 1/4". Similar in all other ways though. Kinda like how the Charvel 750 was a "Gibson" scale version of the Archtop Soloist.

Hey Gavin, you did the bevel painting yourself right?? how you did that?? because i want to do it with mine, but i was thinknin in some kind of sticker

Here's my old trusty Jackson Stars Kelly, played the living crap out of any other Kelly I've ever tried:

Jackson Stars have different neck thru construction compared to modern USA jackson (from some time). Maybe this is the reason.
Jackson from catalog of 2003:
normal_Jack2003Page14.jpg

Jackson Stars site (2007):
features07.jpg

Hey Gavin, you did the bevel painting yourself right?? how you did that?? because i want to do it with mine, but i was thinknin in some kind of sticker

Tape the whole guitar, sand them down, used car paint... 10 thin layers then laquered.

It's not a pretty job by any means :D But i love my guitar too fucking much to get it done "properly".

Sorry for this necropost, but I want to see some more Jacksons. I've been diggin my 2 at the moment. I have a fugly red JRR from the 90's and another Jackson Pro MIJ (not sure the model) also from the 90's that I love the neck on. I'll post pics of Mine when i get a chance. I wish I could get a custom built one but they are just way too much.

Anyone got any new Jacksons out there?

Well mine aren't very "new" and I have certainly posted them everywhere on the internet, but i'm going to do it again:

Jackson JS30RR - Jackson Stars RR-J2SP (now with 18v EMG81)

(Bottom guitars are Derpsicle's Gibson Explorer Cherry Red and Edwards LP)

BoGuY.jpg

nah, only USA or Stars models for me, I've tried many of the higher end Japanese models (RR5, RR24, DKMG, etc), they just don't compare to the USA made ones....would also love a Jackson Stars though

I've always wanted a US made Jackson, but only have 2 cheap models... Got the King V a few weeks back in a trade: someone offered the Jackson for my Zoom G2 pedal :)
DSCN2248.JPG

The other is my Kelly. It's cheap but sounds good and it's a beater. I'm doing pickups experiments with it but the stock weren't bad to my ears...
DSC00477.JPG

And also have a Charvel model 4 from the 80s. Bought it new in 1988... Done a lot of milage with it. Wish I had kept it stock and cleaner... Ah well...
866741512_l.jpg