jackson j2sp fair price?

akamouzis

Nov 17, 2005
i know there is a thread for alexi guitars but i didnt think this quite fit that so this might be a stupid question but..... I just bought a j2sp for $1000, you guys think thats a fair price. NOt really sure what they typically go for. It was kind of a rash decision but ive been looking for one for a while and when i saw i wanted to snap it up. Its supposedly in very good shape.
didnt do much research before hand though.
any thoughts?

That's an excellent price. Usually the RR24's are at about $1300, but the J2SP has neck binding, golden hardware and the guitar is manufactured in Japan, so it's expected to be more than $1300. If someone was selling one to me for $1000, I'd buy it without any doubts (if I had the money lol!).

My RR24M has neck binding and is made in Japan. The differences between the RR24 and J2SP are very minimal..at least on paper.

I think you got it for a decent price. As long as it is in good shape. Do you get a case with it?

where did you buy the j2sp???

and guys hold on... he bought it in 2º hand. you buy a rr24 for 1300usd or less new... so i dont know if its that good of a deal.

and guys hold on... he bought it in 2º hand. you buy a rr24 for 1300usd or less new... so i dont know if its that good of a deal.

2° hand or not, the quality is there... and I don't think you can get a J2SP all-new so, no choice if you want to get one.

I bought on ebay. He says its in great shape and it does indeed look pretty good. Fuck man totally forgot to ask about the case....told you it was a rash decision lol!
i think the only way to get a j2sp to its specifications is by custom order. How much does that go for i wonder?

Not a bad choice at all, I've got one and it's been faultless in the 3/4 years I've owned it. Post the ebay photos!!

cant get to them anymore but ill take some good pics when i get it and post it. Its all black, gold hardware. How much did you pay for yours mitch?

Mine been faultless too! Tbh that's a good price, seeing as it's something you don't see everyday :) I got mine for about $1350 for the guitar only. Of course I had to pay almost double that for a hard-case, shipping, customs and other bullshit I put up with in this country.

Again Mitch thanks for helping me when I got it years back :)!

That's ok dude!

I paid about £700 for mine I think, I have the original email somewhere but it's all in yen

where the hell can someone get one of this besides of ebay? even in ebay is extremely rare

so i finally got it! pretty happy with so far. its gonna take some getting used though. The position of the v itself, also the fact that there seems to have a whole lot more tremolo resistance makes it a little hard to bend at times.
And the gain boost kind of makes it sound worse.....it adds a little more gain but the bass gets too mushy. it sounds just like selecting a neck pick up, which is weird cause i thought the gain boost accentuated the mids/highs and made it more trebly. mines the opposite.
That normal?

so i finally got it! pretty happy with so far. its gonna take some getting used though. The position of the v itself, also the fact that there seems to have a whole lot more tremolo resistance makes it a little hard to bend at times.
And the gain boost kind of makes it sound worse.....it adds a little more gain but the bass gets too mushy. it sounds just like selecting a neck pick up, which is weird cause i thought the gain boost accentuated the mids/highs and made it more trebly. mines the opposite.
That normal?

Check the mini switches on your unit in the guitar. They may be set different than how Alexi uses them. I have the EMG ABQ, which is basically a copy, and it sounds different if the freq. switches are set different. Same with JE-1000 clone I have. Also, I found they both sound best with the gain boost turned to a minimum. The more I added the worse the sound and hiss got.

About the tremelo...how many springs does it have? I use 4 in mine and it doesn't seem to stiff, but then again I like a failry stiff tremelo...stays in tune better and returns to zero faster.

Check the mini switches on your unit in the guitar. They may be set different than how Alexi uses them. I have the EMG ABQ, which is basically a copy, and it sounds different if the freq. switches are set different. Same with JE-1000 clone I have. Also, I found they both sound best with the gain boost turned to a minimum. The more I added the worse the sound and hiss got.

About the tremolo...how many springs does it have? I use 4 in mine and it doesn't seem to stiff, but then again I like a fairly stiff tremolo...stays in tune better and returns to zero faster.

It's true that the JE-1000 copies get worse with the gain boost on full, but, if you were to use the GP-1000 as an amp with the guitar, you have to have a little or half of the boost to get enough gain.
That goes for the MM-04, JE-1000 original/copy, and EMG-ABQ with all mic's variations except for the Blackouts where you need all maxed out to get the true sound of the mic. (goes for all active mic's.)

Mitch uses the gain boost off on his Korg unit PX4 to get a very similar sound to Sinergy's setup. (sound like ENGL).

hmm, i think it has the emg unit in it. ill check out the mini switches. dont know how many springs forgot to look. My ESP has 3 and its seems just right for me.

The RR-js2p doesn't have a je-1000, it's an emg pa-2 and yes it's crap, I only ever used it for leads. I chucked the hz for a j50bc and the pa-2 for a je-1200 and then a je-1000

My EMG-PA2 soundtest/demo I did 2 years ago if anyone's interested:

Also the PA2 is shit, I just eliminated it from the circuit and use it purely cosmetic.

Also changed the pickup, HZ is kind of crap compared to anything else. Got an 81 instead, again, sound comparison if anyone's interested:

EMG 81 plays a bar, then HZ, then 81.

Last edited by a moderator: