Jackson KE 3 pro

Hmm, on the other hand, though, the skulls one goes for $1100 at Musicians Fiend - most of that money is going to the finish, however, as the same guitar in black is $700! (Korean made, licensed Floyd of questionable quality)

Ah right, it probably is Japan, my bad (what I was getting at though is overseas in general, though that's by no means a kiss of death, but on the other hand they're not all created equal). And I'm glad the Floyd is working out for you, but I've gone through enough tuning HELL with licensed Floyds in the past to be pretty hesitant about dealing with another!

Ah right, it probably is Japan, my bad (what I was getting at though is overseas in general, though that's by no means a kiss of death, but on the other hand they're not all created equal). And I'm glad the Floyd is working out for you, but I've gone through enough tuning HELL with licensed Floyds in the past to be pretty hesitant about dealing with another!
Fair enough. I don't know that I have experienced a ton of difference between the quality of Japan v Korea at the same price point but it means a 40% markup to ESP so someone must care. :loco:

Haha, nah, what I meant was that I'm sure there are some Japanese guitars at one price point that destroy Korean guitars at a higher one, and vice versa (of course it's all about the factories making them, not the nationality of the employees :D)

I love USA Jacksons, but before I'd buy another japanese one I'd go ltd...the asian Jacksons are far inferior to the US ones IMO.
I used to have a KE-3.....700 is WAY too much