Jackson lovers in here please.

paddok

Aug 7, 2002
deathfm.tk
Could somebody give me some info on the USA made Dinky ? Do they play just like other USA jacksons even though they seem to be the "poor-man's" USA select ?

Does it sound nice even with the bolt on ?

Im considering picking one of these up in the neer future. Are they nice ?

General opinions and thoughts on them ?

paddok said:
Could somebody give me some info on the USA made Dinky ? Do they play just like other USA jacksons even though they seem to be the "poor-man's" USA select ?

Does it sound nice even with the bolt on ?

"Poor man's USA select"? "Sound nice even with bolt-on"???

Hrrm.

All USA Selects are built by the same people. These people pay no less attention to the Dinkies than to their other guitars.

Bolt-ons aren't inferior to neck-through guitars in any way. It's a matter of preference: What you like in a guitar. One doesn't produce a better sound than the other - they just sound _different_. If you like bolt-on, you buy a Dinky. If you like neck-through, you buy a Soloist. Simple as that.

'bane

Sunbane said:
"Poor man's USA select"? "Sound nice even with bolt-on"???

Hrrm.

All USA Selects are built by the same people. These people pay no less attention to the Dinkies than to their other guitars.

Bolt-ons aren't inferior to neck-through guitars in any way. It's a matter of preference: What you like in a guitar. One doesn't produce a better sound than the other - they just sound _different_. If you like bolt-on, you buy a Dinky. If you like neck-through, you buy a Soloist. Simple as that.

'bane

Ahh, you seem to have taken offense to my statements. Im sorry. It was just me not knowing, and figuring a dinkey was like an entry level USA select. but i am happy to hear that it is not.

How do the necks feel compared to other USA jacksons ?

No no, I'm not offended (although I can see how I made that impression). My reply was harsher than it needed be and for that I'm sorry. =(

I'm not really the one to ask about difference in feel between Jackson bolt-ons and neck-thru's, seeing as I only own an import bolt-on Jackson. However, I do know from numerous testimonies that Jackson USA produces some classy bolt-on's. =)

If you want to discuss Jackson guitars, I can recommend this community:
http://www.jcfonline.com/
There are a bunch of great people on there, who love to talk all things Jackson. =)

'bane

I have one Jackson neck through, and two bolt-ons. I love all three of them. I would not call my bolt-ons inferior, although some would, usually only because they don't know what they are talking about, lol.

Sup Xeno and Sunbane :) cool dudes from the jcfonline.com :headbang:

Anyways.. the DK1 is a great USA select guitar with a slim oiled neck.. Its a bit flatter than a soloist neck and plays faster since its oiled. I prefer neckthru's, but like Sunbane said it doesn't make bolt-ons any worse.. just a matter of preference :) Its a great metal guitar especially with the EMG81-85 combo that it comes with. Hope that could help.

Reactions: xenophobe
Thanks for that forum Sunbane, its awsome. Im almost sure im going to go with a Jackson of sorts (any sorts aslong as its usa made) or a charvel model 6 if i get cheap.

Could someone educate me a bit more on the differences between a japan made jackson and a usa made one ? I realize this is probably a highly debated topic, but just a bit of advice is appreciated.

Well the biggest issue is quality difference.. in the early 90's the Japanese Professional series was introduced, these guitars were just as good as the USA guitars to the point where people would buy the Japanese models instead cuz they cost less. Well then Jackson/Charvel decreased quality and costs in Japan... which is the line thats being put out on... they're still good though, just not as much quality parts and attention being put into them as the USA's.

In terms of playability, the USA's I've tried have always played and sounded better than the imports, but the imports still played great. Especially the DK2, for $330 I can't think of a better guitar to buy for the price. If you've got the money, go USA... if not, go on ebay and find a cheap USA, a Jackson Professional, or Charvel Model 6's or 750xl's :D They're all awesome.. but the USA's are really hard to beat.

Yup, Lev sums up the general opinion of the Jackson freaks pretty well. ;)

As far as I can remember, there have been some complaints about Jackson models that were produced in India and Korea, with a much more uneven quality than the japanese guitars (some would be good - others downright bad). I think the Performer series, the X series and the JS series have been produced in those two countries at certain periods of time (don't quote me on it, I'm not an expert). The "Professional" series has always been made in Japan though, with the early 90's as its best period.

'bane

I don't have much experience with the mg series.. the SLSMG is a good guitar as well as the DKMG... the DXMG is made in India though so I'd keep away from that. The other 2 are good with the exception of the pickups; EMG HZ's :yuk: The DKMG I tried though played well, definetely worth it, especially if you change the pickups, which is the first thing I would do heh.

Lev said:
Sup Xeno and Sunbane :) cool dudes from the jcfonline.com !:headbang:

Anyways.. the DK1 is a great USA select guitar with a slim oiled neck.. Its a bit flatter than a soloist neck and plays faster since its oiled. I prefer neckthru's, but like Sunbane said it doesn't make bolt-ons any worse.. just a matter of preference :) Its a great metal guitar especially with the EMG81-85 combo that it comes with. Hope that could help.

Im a jcfer also You guys know me . Im Explorer77

Heh well, im about to become a full time JCF'er ! I purchased my very first Jackson today. an electric blue RR1. Lord am I excited.

And here comes another JCF'er... guess what my name is over there... ;)

I own a DKMGT and I love it, the neck is really great. It's smoother than the necks of any Pro series Jackson I've tried so far.

However, I swapped those HZ pickups for a Seymour Duncan JB/'59 combo. :)

Congrats on the RR1, those things are awesome.
I once played a RR1T in Pile O'Skulls finish, best looking and best playing guitar I've ever seen.
Too bad it was EURO 3500,- ...