Janne!

Originally posted by Tut Ankh Amon
so THAT'S why Henkka doesn't visit the boards...
these damn horny women....
(damn them! they are never running after me :p )

Atleast he's answering the guestbook :eek:

Originally posted by gothErika®
hi janne, my friend Kari saw you and your gf shopping at the mall and he didnt think she was that beautiful....

:lol: sorry, i hope you dont read this

will somebody explain this to me?
I really didn't get it!

Originally posted by Tut Ankh Amon

And was that effect in Chokehold's solo at 2:48 just the voice or were you using some other tool?

I'm not Janne but I think I know the answer to your question.

That's an arpeggiator used to his lead sound. You can set the tempo to the arpeggiator and how quickly the arpeggiator repeats the note(s). Example: You set the tempo to 160 and the note-length to 16th notes and push some key, the arpeggiator will repeat the same note over and over again at that speed.

Usually you can also set the duration, too, that's from 0-100%. As you can hear on Chokehold, he has set his duration lower than 100% (because the notes have some space between them). I'd guess something around 50%(so actually if you have set the note-length to 16th notes, with 50% duration, it would be 32nd note and 32nd rest.)

There's lotsa other options you can set there too...

Ehh did I make any sense? :D

Hello everybody. I just left my computer on this page and... well there are so many questions now that I don´t even remember them all... sorry... Yes we are planning to release a DVD. Maybe end of this year maybe not. No there is no arepggiator used in the album I´ll check what´t this part that you are referring to.

J

I listened Chockehold. The beginning of synth solo is simply played with 1st(thumb) and 3rd(middle) finger and then bending the notes with left hand. I never use arpeggiator or such cause thats cheating. Oh yeah somebody asked about my gear on new album.
http://www.cobhc.com/gallery/studio2002//studio25.jpg
Here you can see my studio setup. Macintosh G4 running the DP3.0 Audio recording software with a midi rack consisting of:
Roland JV2080 (three of them with different expansions)
Akai S5000 and Akai pro synth module
EMU P2000 and Proteus1 and e64 and 9090
Korg Triton rack and X3r
so around 11 synth modules/samplers and some various other stuff...

J

Originally posted by Janne Warman
I listened Chockehold. The beginning of synth solo is simly played with 1st(thumb) and 3rd(middle) finger and then bending the notes with left. I never use arpeggiator or such cause thats cheating. Oh yeah somebody asked about my gear on new album.
http://www.cobhc.com/gallery/studio2002//studio25.jpg
Here you can see my studio setup. Macintosh G4 running the DP3.0 Audio recording software with a midi rack consisting of:
Roland JV2080 (three of them with different expansions)
Akai S5000 and Akai pro synth module
EMU P2000 and Proteus1 and e64 and 9090
Korg Triton rack and X3r
and some various other stuff...

J

:OMG:

Someday I'll have one like that