Jaska or joey?

Jesse- said:
So you think that the faster the drummer, the better? You have a lot to learn.

You, first of all, have to learn to get what people say. Did I use the word "fast" ? No. I just picked out 2 drummers that are, to me, some of the best metal drummers nowadays. What they play is just incredibly well researched and they can play damn fast (yes, that makes them good).

imisseverygood showbecauseiam5 said:
dimmu's old drummer?

i remember him being really good.

Nicholas Barker was the drummer for their 2001 and 2003 albums. They didn't have such a great drummer before Barker.

Jesse- said:
I can see that you haven't listened to COB much. Let me fill you with some details. I think Jaska has some very creative and sometimes groovy stuff, with a little hints of jazz here and there. Follow The Reaper is the CD where it all began.

First of all he makes really nice use of his hi-hat on some fills, it is simple, but sounds really good - song Follow The Reaper at 3:04

The intro fill to Bodom After Midnight shows that he really has some imagination. This song also has some nice fills in triplets, and a great fill at 2:49.

On the song Punch Me I Bleed there are various fills that many jazzplayers use. For example at 2:17, and at the end of the song.

You can definitely see that he is fast also, for example in In Your Face, 32th notes in doublepedal starting at 3:20.

And in Next In Line a very fast fill at 1:40. Also check out the groovy stuff at starting at 3:14.

And finally, there is also a solo for you so you can see more of his creativity and imagination I told you above:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3305646172938024090&q=jaska+raatikainen

When I 1st got into Bodom a few years back, i was a huge fan, still am except im not to fond of the new album, so i am very very familiar with their catalogue.
He does have some cool stuff going on that does fit well and add some, but it just annoys me when a bunch of idiots go on about how great he is just cause hes in their fav band.
And ive seen that solo before, but i dont see whats so impressive about it at all, although it is better than one i saw of him do on another occasion, that one was just embarrasing.
It's good that Bodom are gaining popularity but it's just sad to see some of the noob fans that are getting into them just cause they are getting popular...And this thread just proves that point...Joey vs Jaska thread...WTF? Rediculas in all aspects.

Dont take this personally, you seem more educated than most here. :)

well, jaska is good, but I think jordison is slightly better (I hate slipknot though :puke: )...

hellhammer I say... and terry bozzio!!
and one of the more recognizable (well, for me of course, since I've grown with him^^") even if maybe one of the more tecnic, is roger taylor...

joey jordison does not play nu metal,m at least not only. and in a pair of his other bands, where he plays guitar and wrote the drums part for the drummer the drummer cannot play them (directly from my slipknot freak friend XD)

but still I prefer jaska's style.... tecnique is not everytthing!

Slipknot is bullshit i don´t like them
I don´t like there Music
I don´t like all by Slipknot,.......

I don´t know how´s better, but i think jaska it´s better.

schmidy515 said:
exactly,but my opinion is the right one.

Your a dumshit, Joey is a lot better drummr than Jaska (even tho I like Bodom more) and no Neil pert is not the best drummer ever. For a start danny Carey from Tool kicks the shit out of him, not to mention about a million Jazz drummers. Go learn what your talking about before you post bullshit.. k thanks