Jax's favorite album

fallen2289

New Metal Member
Mar 24, 2006
Southern California
This thread is strictly for Jax, because I wanted to know what her favorite Symphony X album is. She has been around the band for a long time, and I wanted to know what her take on the band is, in terms of which album she likes best. She calls herself lady of the oracle, being a reference to both Twilight and V, but I still cannot figure it out. Well, Jax, when you get a chance please post a reply. Thanks.

As for my opinion:

Divine Wings > everything, even V (gasps)

It makes me feel good knowing you people would rather hear about Pharaohs, Medusa, Seas with Lies and Paradise Lost, than to hear my epic story of the battle between Darkness and Light. Thanks friends. :lol:

First let me correct you on one thing..back in the mid 90's, before I had ever heard SymX, I worked for a band called Power of Omens. Their debut cd was called Eyes of the Oracle, & they nicknamed me Lady of the Oracle; that was the name I used on most message boards and the like for years, and is still the nickname many people know me by. Power of Omens broke up last year & I lean more towards using 'Jax' on forums these days, but the connection remains; PofO is what got me immersed in the progmetal genre, & I'd not be here today if not for them.

My favorite SymX cd changes from time to time, actually. For years it was Damnation Game, that having been my first SymX cd (and just a damn good cd, period), then it wavered around between them all. Right now I'd have to say it's V..that will likely change once the new cd comes out, though, as MJR assures me that it's going to be a monster. :)

PoO was an awesome band.. Im glad I got one of those DVD's Dave made.. I love it. At least I can throw that in once and a while even though they wont be coming out with another album :(

Jax said:
First let me correct you on one thing..back in the mid 90's, before I had ever heard SymX, I worked for a band called Power of Omens. Their debut cd was called Eyes of the Oracle, & they nicknamed me Lady of the Oracle...

That album was worth the price I paid, for the epic Test of Wills alone, a magnificent prog metal song. Unfortunately, I couldn't get into the remainder of the album.

Jax worked for Power of Omens? That's awesome!! How did you start working with Symphony X?

Same here. I saw it there in his sig, in a gigantic banner, all the time, and I blindly bought Sanctus Ignis. I haven't been the same since.

Jax said:
First let me correct you on one thing..back in the mid 90's, before I had ever heard SymX, I worked for a band called Power of Omens.

<<<Snip>>>

For years it was Damnation Game, that having been my first SymX cd (and just a damn good cd, period), then it wavered around between them all. Right now I'd have to say it's V..that will likely change once the new cd comes out, though, as MJR assures me that it's going to be a monster. :)

PoO was a cool band, I still spin their debut from time to time. Can't wait to see Chris w/Zero Hour at PP. That's going to be cool!

Yay for another vote for DG! It was my first Sy-X cd as well, and I'm really shocked how low it ends up on some people's food chain. To each their own,
I guess, but I spin DG more than any other of the Sy-X cds, except for maybe The Odyssey. One of these days, I'd sure like to hear Damnation Game (the song) played live. I think the band is scared to play it! :heh:
I'll be starting a petition before their next tour! :lol:

As a side note, lots of Sy-X fans over at the FK forum, all positive, except one guy who said there was too much filler on The Odyssey....He got a WTF
from more people than just me... :heh: I'm pleasantly surprised at the crossover there...

J-Dubya