JCM 800 mods for more gain?

Sorry for the ghost bump, but I actually got the amp modded by a local tech to add an extra preamp tube. The amp is stock until you switch it, then the extra preamp tube kicks in with a circuit inspired by the red channel on a Bogner Ecstasy. If I can find my SM57 I'll record a clip or two.

Sorry for the ghost bump, but I actually got the amp modded by a local tech to add an extra preamp tube. The amp is stock until you switch it, then the extra preamp tube kicks in with a circuit inspired by the red channel on a Bogner Ecstasy. If I can find my SM57 I'll record a clip or two.

That sounds awesome dude, if you can get the schematics that would be sweet too :D

I don't think I could get the schematics, but I got the amp back over the weekend and it sounds great! When it's switched to the mod, it's fatter and louder, has more gain but it's still pretty damn quiet. The notes still have clarity and it cuts like a knife. Really happy with it, however because I have a 6505+ on the way I want to trade it for a guitar. :( Stupid me.

Lasse lamm i would love to do those mods to a ceriatone.can you help a brother out?

FWIW Michael Wagener says "no more tears" was a stock jcm800 on a greenback. No mods, no TS

He Used the Lee Jackson stuff live.

Also most if that old thrash stuff was 800's with a boss super overdrive.

Just sayin, I'm not cutting up my 2203 for nothing, I see no reason to.

FWIW Michael Wagener says "no more tears" was a stock jcm800 on a greenback. No mods, no TS

He Used the Lee Jackson stuff live.

Also most if that old thrash stuff was 800's with a boss super overdrive.

Just sayin, I'm not cutting up my 2203 for nothing, I see no reason to.

Yep, as far as I'm aware I think most of Slayer's records were JCM800's. I even remember Suicide Silence saying they use stock 800's live, if it's brutal enough for a deathcore band there should be enough for everyone, unless you need a clean channel.

Hey I’m curious how your Mod turned out? I just got my hands on a Marshall 2204 JCM 800 and wanted to turn it into a doom amp for a project I’m trying to get off the ground. This YouTube mod of his Marshall nailed the sound I’m going for. Anyone have thoughts on how to get that sound? Cheers!