Jeff Loomis - the recording chronicles (2011)

I'm sure he'd be pretty stoked about that, if someone else standing in front of him in the audience, and maybe someone side stage gets some good footage also, it would be pretty cool to have a live play-through done for yet another song. He's playing to a click with backing tracks on this tour, so it would be super easy to sync up.

Here's a random little recording video that just surfaced, haha:

Last edited by a moderator:
Was anybody here on this tour with him? I stopped by to check out Jeff and The Safety Fire then bounced outta there. Forgot to think if anybody may have been down for a beer, lol.

TSF guitarist Dez (right hander, yellow Tele) posts here but that's it AFAIK.

Gotcha. Ah that's too bad I always try to be cordial with people on the road... just thought about it late.

Those guys were definitely on point. Good show. They should continue to make some waves here... hopefully.

Hey Aaron:

What is being used here to silence the strings?

studio08-e1340778857719.jpg

Looks like a strip of foam that's folded in between the strings.... Should be easy to replicate...

I believe it's a strip of foam from the packaging of EMG pickups. I remember Aaron mentioning some time ago that he uses it. I also use it to dampen the strings below the TOM bridge and between the nut and the tuners.

I believe it's a strip of foam from the packaging of EMG pickups. I remember Aaron mentioning some time ago that he uses it. I also use it to dampen the strings below the TOM bridge and between the nut and the tuners.

Thanks Keregioz for this info ! I was just looking for foam to mute my floyd rose springs and was about to go buy some and now thanks to you i realize i have some in the packaging of my Seymour Duncan pickup.

You rock.

Cant find it anymore: which cab was used? I read something about a 2x12 ... But which One?!