Jeff's live rig?

Advent1

Feb 19, 2006
usa
Does anyone know what he's been using recently? I know he use to use have the Triple XXX Fullstack a few years ago, and then he went to the Krankensteins I think...but I thought I remembered seeing Mesa Dual Recto + a matching cab behind the Krank at Gigantour..?

Also what was used to record TGE and DH? Thanks

Jeff uses Schecter guitars, the 007 Blackjack, the C7-Hellraiser, and his new signature series (im assuming hes using it now) all with EMG active pickups (forget the model for 7 strings, i think 707 )

He uses a Krank Krankenstein (Dimebag Darrell signature Amp) 100w head and matching cabinet.

I beleive he uses Digitech effects pedals (not sure which ones) and I know for a fact he uses BBE stomp boxes and the BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i.

Also uses Dunlop Tortex Picks .88 mm (my favs)

Outside the US, Jeff usually uses a Mesa double or triple recto since its easier/cheaper to rent amps locally then ship them from the US. In the US however, Jeff usually uses the Krankenstein.

As for picks, he uses the very fingernail of satan to achieve breakneck speeds to successfully sweep down a diminished 7th pattern at 5687 BPM.

Outside the US, Jeff usually uses a Mesa double or triple recto since its easier/cheaper to rent amps locally then ship them from the US. In the US however, Jeff usually uses the Krankenstein.

Yea thats mainly what I was wondering about...because I was watching a video from them playing at Wacken and it didnt sound like Krank at all.

the green picks are from 03 the black ones are from 05, the black are a little thicker than the greens, so he did get something heavier than .88mm later on
The Distorted Mind pick is Will's choice, the fucking 2mms

P1020075.jpg

P1020076.jpg

P1020077.jpg

P1020079.jpg

Yea that makes sense, playing 0.88's with 7 strings would be kind of strange and really difficult too. Especially for rhythm playing.