Jenna's vacation......

CRSCHKUM

BAND MOM
May 28, 2006
Downey, CA
OK PEOPLE!!! It is getting about that time for us all to figure out what we are gonna do with MS. JENNA!!

So far these two dates are taken... :) by me!! May 21st and May 30th!!

Lets get some ideas and some dates planted in the ground for this girl's visit. As for Universal any day is good. If a weekday means less people then people plan it :)

OK lets get started!!!

We are thinking possibly Joshua Tree Park, Hollywood (Sunset Blvd..), the beach.. maybe a bonfire one night in Huntington Beach (Bolsa chica).. Maybe a local club concert.

Toss away everyone.. post your dates that are good for you and some ideas. If you want to come and steal her for a day.. let us know :)

Ok people.. had 8 views now......if we don't get some bites.... i'm gonna hog her to myself and screw the rest if u...lol

Ok people.. had 8 views now......if we don't get some bites.... i'm gonna hog her to myself and screw the rest if u...lol

I emailed several suggestions to her directly weeks ago. And won't Joshua Tree be way too hot? Maybe you should put that into the December trip.

Jenna, can I just ask how old are you?

Anyway make sure you carry your passport any time you are likely to go to a bar. I Was 23 and couldnt get into bars in Ohio in 99/00 unless I had my passport.

Ohhh and if you are lost and drunk and see a cop is doing a traffic stop.......dont ask him for a lift home, they get very edgy when someone approaches them drunk. I beleive this is commonly known as Death by cop these days :D
Theres a copper in Cleveland OH that really hates "damned Limeys" to this day :D

I'd advise you to try and spend some time at the beach, I loved it.....especially around malibu. LA is such a VAST place you will only see a small part of it.
Oh and you should do what I did, and went to visit long beach arena to pay tribute to the Live after death album.

SCREAM FOR ME LONG BEACH!

I emailed several suggestions to her directly weeks ago. And won't Joshua Tree be way too hot? Maybe you should put that into the December trip.

Why do you think... I'm posting it here, so everyone can see what there is to do. So post your ideas here for everyone else to comment on.. And as for Joshua Tree... I think it is under IDEAS....Who knows what the weather will be like... so the ideas are to be tossed here :):OMG:

... so the ideas are to be tossed here :)

OK, here's some of the email I sent awhile ago:

So you’re finally coming. You should make a prioritized list of the things you want to do/see.

For example:
1. Universal Studios (and the Hard Rock Cafe)
2. Hollywood/West
Hollywood (and The Rainbow)
Long Beach Arena/place across from the Queen Mary
VeniceBeach
5. etc…

If there’s any way you can get down to San Diego, I highly recommend it. Maybe you can stay with Spidey and his wife.

I could show you DowneyHigh School, where James Hetfield briefly went to school. You can see an old picture of him in a DowneyHigh School shirt at http://www.flickr.com/photos/dyingindowney/2432208001/
Fairly nearby is one of the world’s oldest still operating McDonalds.

One thing I’d find interesting is to go to a large supermarket with you and have you give commentary such as: I’ve never seen X before. I can’t believe you don’t have Y. We have Z, but we call it Q and package it like… etc.

If you’re interested in seeing various socio-economic levels of neighborhood from a single bus ride, you might find this interesting. You can get a northbound bus near my place, and as it goes, for a while the neighborhoods get worse and worse then better then really fancy then a little worse and then you’re in Hollywood. In car obsessed L.A., there’s a sort of stigma about using public transportation, and maybe nobody you know in CA, except for me, would be willing to take that ride with you. Of course, one could simply drive the route of that bus, but you’d miss out on some of the local color and have to find a place to park in Hollywood. I’ve ridden that route many times.

See you next month.

Jeff

Jenna, can I just ask how old are you?

Anyway make sure you carry your passport any time you are likely to go to a bar. I Was 23 and couldnt get into bars in Ohio in 99/00 unless I had my passport.

Ohhh and if you are lost and drunk and see a cop is doing a traffic stop.......dont ask him for a lift home, they get very edgy when someone approaches them drunk. I beleive this is commonly known as Death by cop these days :D
Theres a copper in Cleveland OH that really hates "damned Limeys" to this day :D

I'd advise you to try and spend some time at the beach, I loved it.....especially around malibu. LA is such a VAST place you will only see a small part of it.
Oh and you should do what I did, and went to visit long beach arena to pay tribute to the Live after death album.

SCREAM FOR ME LONG BEACH!

I'm 24. I shall take my passport with me just incase of any emergencies such as this. I don't drink so it's not a problem that way but I would like to be able to get into the bloody bar in the first place!! :lol:

Long Beach is on my "to do" list, don't worry!

May 23-24

Scots Fest 2009

Costa Mesa

Scottish athletics, Celtic music, piping and drumming, highland dancing, food, herding demonstration, and kids activities..

Oc County Fair

Ok the Scots Fest is on for the 24th :) so we will be there!!

Memorial Day... San Diego here we come. We will be going to SD for the day so anyone that would like to meet up with us out there would be great.. Hobbes is already in :) More details will come :)

Be great to meet you too! I think we should get some Irn Bru to celebrate with.

I've been told I'm the only American that my friend in Glasgow knows who actually likes Irn Bru. I'm "Gods, what's not to like!?"

Ok, so far we have these dates taken...

May 21st (birthday party)
May 23rd (possible Universal day)
May 24th (Scots Fest in Costa Mesa)
May 25th (San Diego trip)
May 26th (Phantom Blue show)
May 30th (Joshua Tree Park and Damage Inc show in Palm Springs)

So apart from those dates, if anyone would like to steal me for a day - feel free! :D

i'm up for all of the above - saturday will be official tourist day at universal yeah? hurry ink that in before mark books a show! hahhah
we should hit up venice beach on a offday - the weather is spectacular lately. you just walk the strand for an hour and check out the street artists and vendors - good place for cheap cali shirts for yer friends.
hey, do diabetics eat peach cobbler?

i'm up for all of the above - saturday will be official tourist day at universal yeah? hurry ink that in before mark books a show! hahhah
we should hit up venice beach on a offday - the weather is spectacular lately. you just walk the strand for an hour and check out the street artists and vendors - good place for cheap cali shirts for yer friends.
hey, do diabetics eat peach cobbler?

Superb!!!!!! :D That's settled then - 23rd is Universal day! :kickass:

That sounds good to me!! I'll all for that!!

I have absolutely no idea what that is but I'm allowed to eat anything in moderation, just got to watch and not have too much.

Superb!!!!!! :D That's settled then - 23rd is Universal day! :kickass:

That sounds good to me!! I'll all for that!!

I have absolutely no idea what that is but I'm allowed to eat anything in moderation, just got to watch and not have too much.

cobbler is fruit with some pastry on top - it's like a pie with no bottom crust. peaches are in season right now - i will make a huge dish - enough for alot of little bites hahha.