Jester Race - revisited

Doom said:
I suppose I can see why people don't like Clayman, in that yeah, it's not nearly as good as Colony and must have been a dissapointment. But cut out a few of those songs, and I just see it as a fun listen that gets me headbanging.

Jester Race is a real 'deep and meaningful' entry into the annals of metal history. It is not a guilty pleasure by any stretch. Clayman, on the other hand, is perfect for driving on a summer day and is a total guilty pleasure. Both serve a purpose.

listening to clayman is a "guilty pleasure" like sucking gay negro dick is a "guilty pleasure"

i.e. most certainly not a pleasure at all in fact and nothing you really want to do unless you like sucking gay negro dick

my analogies, they're fucking ace

JayKeeley said:
Jester Race is a real 'deep and meaningful' entry into the annals of metal history. It is not a guilty pleasure by any stretch. Clayman, on the other hand, is perfect for driving on a summer day and is a total guilty pleasure. Both serve a purpose.

Yeah, agreed, but I still wouldn't call it a "guilty pleasure". Some of the time I like listening to catchy and accessible heavy metal and I don't feel guilty about it.

@Erik: yeah but in your case, you can just change the 'negro' part to 'icelandic' and suck away. i suppose race treachery applies to your faggotry too. :loco:

Erik said:
i think it's terrible, honestly. the pre-chorus of bullet ride rules...
Seriously? Listen to it again. It sounds like Elmer Fudd is singing the verse. If there's one Death singer who should NEVER, and I mean NEVER, do clean vox it's Anders. That said, I dig the chorus to that song. And as we both know, when you and I disagree, I'm right.:loco:

And I know it's totally gay, but I dig "Only for the Weak".

Zod

Erik said:
actually it's pretty much the common consensus, i know on this forum several people would agree that whoracle is the worst album by in flames (pre-gayification) and also look at this shit man

Lunar Strain Full-length, 1994 [edit] [7 reviews, average 87%]
Subterranean EP, 1994 [edit] [4 reviews, average 94%]
The Jester Race Full-length, 1995 [edit] [6 reviews, average 83%]
Whoracle Full-length, 1997 [edit] [11 reviews, average 69%]
Colony Full-length, 1999 [edit] [8 reviews, average 84%]

see? see?

the good songs on whoracle are basically food for the gods and jotun and gyroscope

Be careful of appealing to the argument of "the common consensus says this", because they also say stuff like:

Hate Crew Deathroll Full-length, 2003 [18 reviews, average 82%]

uh-huh