Hey yeah so what's the other good In Flames album besides The Jester Race?

Being an Inflames zealot since Whoracle I recommend:
Colony
Whoracle
Lunar Strain/Subterrenean
Clayman

and this stuff only if you become a huge fan like me.

Come Clarity
Reroute to Remain
Soundtrack To Your Escape

I will love this band forever. Whoracle and Colony being my favorites.

I used to hate InFlames because I had only heard the new shit. This song Stand Ablaze is pretty rad.

Edit: they are both rad,

I gots me The Jester Race/Black Ass Inheritance. Both are superb but I'm scared to branch out to another album as a result of all the negative reviews In Flaymez get

Whoracle, Lunar Strain/Subterranean are good. Colony and Clayman if you're like me and actually like them. But the first two are excellent choices.

There are some decent songs there, but like all melodeath there's little incentive for repeated listening, and in hindsight, the beginning of their downfall. Pick it up cheap or not at all.

totally agree

colony has not stood the test of time well at all. Some of it sounds like glossy nuMetal now...I can barely make it past the first 3 tracks.

i think it's safe to say that NAD would dig Whoracle, so NAD, I'll have my secretary send you a virtual CD-R

I totally disagree.

Colony is killer. Embody The Invisible, Oridinary Story, Behind Space, Insipid, Coerced Coexistence, hellmost of the damn album is killer.

listened to whoracle the other day. it was enjoyable.

i still think colony is better. granted, colony was my first IF

I actually like scorn alot. Food For The Gods and Morphing Into Primal are my favorites off of Whoracle. Im a sucker for fast/thrashy/melodic shit. Upon The Oaken Throne is my fav off of Lunar/Sub. The first version of Dead Eternity is just as good as JR version. Now if Dimension Zero would just write some shit like that. Come on Jocke.

Been listening to Colony and Clayman so much lately that I'm considering checking out the latter era albums.

Help.

It's not worth it, trust me. The material after Clayman isn't remotely on the same level. I'm not talking about quality (even though it definitely sucks), I'm talking about the band recording a totally different style of music.

Colony is awesome but yeah, they never recorded anything like it again.

I don't mind Reroute to Remain, you may as well give it a go. I don't think many others here would agree though.

Lunar Strain just never gets old to me. One of my favourite albums. Never really heard anything else that sounds like it either.

for shits and giggles, I might play R2R tonight. I dont own Clayman, but I remember liking a few songs, Swim, in particular.

but Colony, for me, is their magnum opus. It may not be the most important, or a milestone, but everything came together for that one. Then they promptly lost it.

I enjoy Clayman, I highly highly recommend not delving beyond that album.

R2R is akin to being groped by Blurry at the Irving TX library. You think the caress feels good, until ye turn around and see its toothless gape giving you a come hither. Sensodyne nor audiophile cans CAN NOT SAVe YOU!