Jesu

J.

Old Fart
Jul 24, 2001
The Woodlands
This is A LOT more industrial ambient/drone type of music than I was expecting. This is really nothing like Isis, Neurosis, and Pelican. Fans of those drone doom bands would love this. I'm not saying it's bad, it's just not what I was expecting. In fact, I think it's pretty nifty.

This actually reminds me of Godflesh's "Selfless" album, which I hated. Jesu is much better than that album.

I actually thought Jesu would be like that godly Pelican remix that JK Broadrick did on the latest EP. I was wrong.

yeah, not a bad desciption.

"Sun Day" from Jesu is a beautiful, bleak journey. I dig that one.

Somehow I need to get my hands on Heartache, for a decent price.

AWESOME! Every review I read doesn't even mention that song. I love it! So damn bleak and lost sounding, yet with an "everything will be OK" feel to it. Meh, that's my sappy interpretation. Anyway, it just kicks me in the balls every time.

J. said:
AWESOME! Every review I read doesn't even mention that song. I love it! So damn bleak and lost sounding, yet with an "everything will be OK" feel to it. Meh, that's my sappy interpretation. Anyway, it just kicks me in the balls every time.

I get the exact same feeling. It puts me in vast comtemplative mood where everything dissolves into compassion and serenity. I know it sounds corny but, but those are to most appropriate words I can think of. And yes, It also surprises me that almost every reviews doesn't even mention the song.

I need to get Heartache somehow. The s/t is not a masterpiece by any means, and yeah, there are some duds. But "Sun Day" and a few others make it worth the purchase.

Jesu = album of the year

I cannot stop listening to this band. These two releases are so far beyond anything Godflesh ever created.

The title track from Heartache is a bonafide classic track.

I'd be really surprised if most RCers did not find something to like in this band..

THe two tracks on Heartache (clocking in at 40 minutes) are truly heartfelt pieces. Very haunting, and on occasion, punishing.

There's nothing to really add here other than the fact that I too fucking love Jesu.