Jesu

no. i could have, but im waiting until SOuthern records US gets some. that's who i contacted.

i went through all the ordering of the 1st pressing, but then i saw it would be something like $30, and that's after the cheapest shipping.

ill wait till the US dstributor gets some, hopefully it will be cheaper. i dont care what color it is.

Wrong. The self-titled is probably a 9/10. There's one track I don't really care for (the last one IIRC) but everything else on that album is magnificent.

fact: jesu is amazing on album. if you want brutal, get Godflesh. if you want soft, get Jesu. both rule.

just got the email from Southern. the US store has it.

I still don't really *get* Jesu, but I keep getting the feeling that there is something amazing in there, like the feeling I got from Neurosis before I was into them, so I will keep trying. Plus, nothing Aurora Borealis has anything to do with could be bad, so far anyway.

psmedium.gif

Justin K Broadrick has restarted his web label Avalanche Recordings which he originally began in 2000 with the limited CDR issue of the then unreleased Godflesh EP 'Messiah'. The label quietly resurfaced recently with the highly limited release of four FINAL improvised and hand numbered CDR's, which were to be sold as limited editions at Broadrick related concerts.

Avalanche Recordings now presents its first full release in the form of 'Pale Sketches' limited to 2000 copies only on CD, an album compiling unreleased Jesu material containing some songs culled from even before the full conceptual realisation of the project. It is a compilation of Jesu songs that Broadrick felt did'nt fit with previous Jesu releases, so he chose to mix these songs this year and compile them for their own release. Available to buy now on pre-order and shipping in early October, the CD is housed in a full colour 6 panel digipak and contains 8 songs, 4 of which are instrumental, song 4 'The Playgrounds Are Empty' can be heard over at the official Jesu myspace site within the next 24 hours...

In January 2008 'Pale Sketches' will also be available from the Avalanche Store on 180 grm double vinyl, along with the long awaited vinyl version of the first Jesu release 'Heart Ache' and a new FINAL studio album on picture disc only. These items will be available to buy on pre-order in January 2008 and shipping in late February.

Please visit the Avalanche Store HERE : http://www.avalancheinc.co.uk/store.html
and scan down the Avalanche Recs catalogue until you reach 'Pale Sketches' which can be purchased immediately.

All Avalanche Recordings releases are available ONLY from the Avalanche Store or from selected Justin K Broadrick related concerts, albeit in an extremely limited quantity.

apparently no one cares about one of the best bands going right now, so i'll keep bumping the thread:

Tour going with Wolves in the Throne Room: http://www.hydrahead.com/
In Houston on Oct 11 :kickass: I might actually go.

For you New Yorkers, Isis will be there early Nov.

new JESU EP, Lifeline out Oct 11

hhi-cd-127-pre-full.jpg

arec017_infinity.gif

CD & Digital Download available for purchase now on Avalanche Recordings. Go to the new and almost complete Avalanche Website here and head to the store. Shipping now.

Full album length song 'Infinity' on Avalanche Recordings (AREC017), written, recorded and mixed early 2009, with all instruments by Justin K Broadrick. 'Infinity' is the most expansive and organic jesu release to date, here JKB revisits his roots of heavy guitar driven music yet still retaining the ethereal atomsphere / soundscape of modern jesu. Approximately fifty minutes of music, CD housed in a beautiful 6 panel digi sleeve. First edition of 2000. Vinyl edition of 1300 copies of which the first 400 are on grey vinyl, the remaining 900 on black, all pressed on super heavvyweight 180grm vinyl will be available late August, MP3 / FLAC available now.

arec017_infinity.gif

CD & Digital Download available for purchase now on Avalanche Recordings. Go to the new and almost complete Avalanche Website here and head to the store. Shipping now.

Full album length song 'Infinity' on Avalanche Recordings (AREC017), written, recorded and mixed early 2009, with all instruments by Justin K Broadrick. 'Infinity' is the most expansive and organic jesu release to date, here JKB revisits his roots of heavy guitar driven music yet still retaining the ethereal atomsphere / soundscape of modern jesu. Approximately fifty minutes of music, CD housed in a beautiful 6 panel digi sleeve. First edition of 2000. Vinyl edition of 1300 copies of which the first 400 are on grey vinyl, the remaining 900 on black, all pressed on super heavvyweight 180grm vinyl will be available late August, MP3 / FLAC available now.

this kinda sounds like heart ache II from the description

will probably care enough to get this

fwiw i still listen to this band's early stuff.

I might try Godflesh again. I just never could get into it